Author Topic: Nigeria\'s solution: Your views.  (Read 20513 times)

signopago

Nigeria\'s solution: Your views.
« on: March 11, 2005, 10:13:02 AM »
Once a post was put on the guest book by Uzo Lance,about the problems and rate of corruption in Nigeria and some of us came out swinging. Some said that we\'ve heard enough of what the problems were, that what is needed is the solution.

I don\'t think there\'s any Nigerian adult who doesn\'t know or have an idea of a solution to Nigeria\'s problems. Therefore, let this be a medium to express what you feel is needed to make our very great nation move forward.

Bear in mind that this can come in handy one way or another in the near future therefore let your communication be fair and just yet aggresive. Also, let it be the opinions of a concerned citizen.  Learn to RESPECT the opinions of others here.

Let the ball keep rolling. Let your voice be HEARD!
It\'s beautiful to love and be loved.

chizor

• http://
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 08:45:22 PM »
first of all, we need to get rid of the \"if you cannt beat them join them approach\"

Then we get rid of all those churches that open up for business purposes.

Then after that we get rid of/ replace the current security forces.

very simplistic view right????  :wink:
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn\'t seem quite so funny.
--Jack Handey,

Honeybunnie

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 09:25:18 PM »
This might sound radical, but I think if we really want to change the state of affairs, in Nigeria, we need to get rid of anybody that has had anything to do with leadership in that country. We need to start afresh, no old faces, because if we have the same people circulating in the system, they will only corrupt the up and coming new faces. And I mean, anybody that has either lead in whatever role, as well as their backers (people pulling strings in the background), and new people should have new backers etc.

Susia

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 09:37:43 PM »
Well I think the solution to Nigeria is GOD, believe it or not. We need Godfearing people to rule the Country because if you get rid of those in leadership right now, who and what is guaranteeing that the newly elected ones will not have a strive for money like the present ones now do? The country and the people in it are corrupt, so i think God is the only solution to the situation in Nigeria. Not until people starts seeking the face of the Lord will anything happen, I mean, i dont mean to sound religious or anything.
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

chizor

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 09:44:38 PM »
Its difficult to agree, cos naija is one of the most religious countries, yet one of the most corrupt!
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn\'t seem quite so funny.
--Jack Handey,

Honeybunnie

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 09:44:51 PM »
You see if we get rid of any element at all that has had anything to do with power, put in new people who have a determination to set things right. That is the ONLY way we can change that country. I agree we need God fearing people, but do you think that the muslim North that is a majority cares about that, or would want to put someone in power who only has that characteristic....No. Even God fearing people would get corrupted if they are surrounded by all the greedy power mongers in Nigeria. Believe me, I lived in Abj, and that mentality that flies through aso rock, flies very quickly through everything else, contractors, who then display the same thing to their suppliers, and the chain just keeps going.  So if we can get in people who have not been affected by all the nepotism, corruption etc that goes on in the corridor of power, we might be a step closer to solving our problems.

uzoms

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 09:51:40 PM »
even if religious people are given the position, they will still get greedy. best thing is to wipe the generation out, and start a new one. or all the abroad nigers, move back home and take charge, i think we all have been through alot in abroad, so moving back to niger, will force us to make it the best.

Honeybunnie

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 09:53:41 PM »
Uzoms, I totally concur and agree with you. I wasn\'t going to say like wipe them out though, that would be very drastic, and could degenerate into something else (a war included). As long as we just do not have anybody that has had anything to do with aso rock in power, we would heading in the right direction.

Susia

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 10:05:41 PM »
Yall think that nigers abroad are not prone to corrruption. Puhleeeezz, gimme a break. Nigers are always gona be nigers regardless.

When i say religious , i dont mean those fake pple that claim to see visions and works miracles in order to draw pple to their churches

Honeybunnie

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 10:10:33 PM »
I definitely agree that God fearing people would help, but remember that there is the Northern Sharia/muslim states, who have had a claim to power for as long as I can remember except recently. They are a majority, on the other hand if we do get a God fearing person in power, if he is surrounded by the same old people, he will also get corrupted, that\'s for sure. So God fearing person will be good for Nigeria, as long as he is not being backed by the same old people.

chizor

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 10:11:31 PM »
For real! i dont think bringing naija\'s abroad into the country will make a difference, cos naija\'s are  still naija\'s. as they say \"you can take the bush out of the forest, but you cannt take the forest out of it.\"

However, i think what Uzo lance may have be driving at is the fact that they may/should have a different mentality, which is not necessarily the case, cos we still have people in naija who a capable of leading and making a difference.
--Jack Handey,

Susia

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 10:17:00 PM »
Hausas, efik, ibibio, pple could be Godfearing too, regardless of whom they Serve or Allah fearing if u want me to put it like that.  ( i dont mean who ever it is has to be christian)Moreover when you God fearing, you are not easily moved or influenced by people around you.

Honeybunnie

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 10:20:58 PM »
Nigerians abroad or Nigerians at home, the crux of the whole matter is who can do the job best. My whole take is anybody can do it, as long as they are very fresh to leadership in Nigeria and have not had anyting to do with it in the past. Nigerians abroad are not our saviours, but I agree that they might do a better job. On the other hand, someone in Nigeria might know how to  get around the ropes of the job better than someone who hasn\'t lived in Naija in a while.

Prince

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 10:21:15 PM »
Nigeria\'s problems are not insurmountable.  The problem is: nobody is looking for a real solution.  If the redemption of Nigeria were left to this forum, we still will not seek a real solution.  We will still not find our way out of a paper bag.  You know it; even God knows it, that is why he said that mankind is incapable of solving his problems.  All we do is dig one hole to fill another.

Do we want real solution?  OK, Susia just gave it to us.  Forget about Nigerian politicians, how many members of this site are willing, capable and able to do what it takes to save us and humanity?  How many people will put God\'s commandment in the fore front and do away with all the things God abhore?  How many people here are willing to put their trust in God so much as Abraham did when he almost killed his only son, Isaac?

How many times has God himself dared us to try him?  Ladies and gentlemen, God is begging us, challenging us, to do his bidding and see if he does not come through with his promises.  One way he qualified the abondance of his magnanimity is: opening the windows of heaven that so much goodies will fall out that we will not have room enough to contain it.  I don\'t mean heavenly rewards; I\'m talking about worldly riches.

We\'re not ready to do what it takes to better our existence, and we sit here and speculate on how to better Nigeria?  This is simply and exercise in futility.
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)

Susia

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 10:26:31 PM »
Prince, God bless you. Atleast you see where am coming from. thx for the real explanation which i was unable to provide at least you see and understand where i was heading too. I share the same exact views as yours. You have well spoken!!!!!