Author Topic: Origin of Life  (Read 8198 times)

okey

Origin of Life
« on: April 02, 2005, 05:30:02 AM »
There is the version of evolution which states that life was created by a by a supernatural being, God. It was generally believed that every species had been individually created by God and could not change. Human beings were a creation quite separate from other animals.

There is the scientific version of evolution from individual such as Charles Darwin,
Darwin imagined it might be possible that all life is descended from an original species from ancient times. DNA evidence supports this idea.
Probably all organic beings which have ever lived on this earth have descended from some one primordial form, into which life was first breathed. There is grandeur in this view of life that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved. (Charles Darwin, The Origin of Species)
[/color]

There are other theories out there. Which one do you believe and what are your thoughts?
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives

Prince

Origin of Life
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 05:46:49 AM »
I personally believe in creationism.  God made man and ordered that we increase and multiply and fill the earth.  To up the stakes some, I declare, right here, that the discovery of twenty thousand or more year old human fossil is hogwash.  Man has not been on this earth for more than 6,000 years.
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)

fresco

Origin of Life
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 09:07:05 AM »
My take is God>Big Bang> evolution. I don\'t even know why i mention Big-Bang but i\'m just letting these scientists in this country that messes people\'s brain with their theory know that God comes before Big Bang.

okey

Origin of Life
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 12:29:30 AM »
I pesonnaly believe in the biblical theory. I\'m yet to see someone you can sucessfully defend the other theory andwhile all these monkeys and baboons in the zoo have not yet become homo sapiens?
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;

Prince

Origin of Life
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 09:54:22 PM »
As I stated previously, I believe that God created the universe and everything in it.  I do not get into the big bang theory, even though I will not discount it.  My reason is: bringing in the big bang, delves into method, rather than origin, of creation.

There\'s no doubt that God has a thing for fanfare and fireworks, as evidenced in the deluge, the issuing of the Commandments on Mt Sinai, the burning bush, exodus from Egypt, and the resurrection.  The big bang could have been referring to the war in heaven or the configuration of the earth.  The bible didn\'t say.

All in all, it will suffice to say that whatever brought about the existence of the universe and its contents, was resultant of the design and the craftsmanship of God.
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)

fresco

Origin of Life
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 04:12:26 AM »
The whole thing about evolution, as i understand it, is that the first humans resemble apes that originate from Africa. It was believed that some of the fossils of apes have been discovered and that made it easier to trace, using radioactive decay, them. It was believe that since humans can speak, so did the apes; they had language which enabled them to communicate and interact. Also the Homo Erectus were the ones believed to discover / use fire, which humans adopted. They use fire to cook, they also use their body and hands to make equipement needed to hunt animals and other things. Although i don\'t buy these views but just laying them out here.

tsly

Origin of Life
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 03:55:16 AM »
Think of how delicate but complex the human body parts are: the intestines, ear, brain, muscles, cells, etc

We humans, all through our life time, are still trying to understand how they all work.

Using the human body as an example, i believe a supernatural had to be the sole architect  in the creation process.

Amaka

• Administrator
Origin of Life
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 07:14:55 AM »
Apart from Darwin\'s theory, Big-Bang and the rest of them. A Senegalese scientist,  Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop, noted that since nature does not do anything by chance, then humankind that was born in a sub-equatorial region was given melanin to protect its skin from the hot rays of the sun. Therefore  it is certain that the first man had to be a BLACK man. It is only after this beign left Mother Africa to other parts of the world that had different climate conditions, that original Black man changed and took on different aspects or physical characteristics. That is to say that the early man acquired  different looks as a result of his migration. So assuming the first black man never left from Africa to other parts of the world, then all man would have been BLACK.  Scientific evidence suggests that nature created six specimens of man before we get to man as we know him today.
According to  Diop, it appears that the first three of these species never acquired the potential to leave Africa while three others did left Africa. \"The sixth species was a BLACK man who in pre-historic history is called Grimaldi man. He is the man whom we are today\".
According to him, the first man was from East Africa specifially Kenya. In Kenya, the most ancient evolutionary information of humankind is found and it is for this reason that scientists state with certainty that man can only have been created one time, and must have originated from there.

I know it\'s a little bit bizarre but more theories are comming up, but i think this guy (Diop) makes sense. All of them scientists are saying the same thing, it\'s just that it\'s hard for the world to swallow that their origin was Africa and their first parent was really BLACK.

okey

Origin of Life
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »
Quote from: \"Amaka\"
Apart from Darwin\'s theory, Big-Bang and the rest of them. A Senegalese scientist,  Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop, noted that since nature does not do anything by chance, then humankind that was born in a sub-equatorial region was given melanin to protect its skin from the hot rays of the sun.

One issue with this theory is that it claims man was born? by who? how? nature?
we did not just sprout from the soil nor did monkeys or chimps. From what we know today, human beings can only be created via the reproductive process (natural/invetro fertilization/etc).
===

Chizi

• http://
Origin of Life
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 05:27:40 AM »
Sometimes I wonder, ?What was before God created us?? Was there just a vacuum and God? Anyway, the origin of life on earth baffles me sometimes and the only theory that I fully comprehend is the Biblical. The evolution theory maintains that life began in the sea from an organic cell and evolved according to climate and physiological needs for adaptation, and somewhere along the line, ape became homo habilis, homo erectus, and homo sapiens, in that order. So what?s next? Are we now the best we can be? How come we don?t need to evolve anymore? What about all the other animals and living organisms? Are they gradually becoming something else or has evolution suddenly halted?
Obviously, our human brains and minds cannot fully understand the intricacies revolving around God and His ways. Imagine being Omnipresent, Omniscient and Omnipotent! God created the world and all there is in it. He created man, breathed into him the breath of life, and life on earth has bloomed ever since. Why don?t we just leave it at that?
<div>Little minds are subdued by misfortune, but great minds rise by it. <br /></div>

chelsea

Origin of Life
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 04:48:48 PM »
From information i got by attending Bible Seminars and studying Geology, i think i can co-relate Darwins theories with the creation story as recorded in the Bible.According to Bible scholars, they were \'beings\' on earth b4 Adam( Pre-Adamic men is the term they gave to these beings) .These beings according to them were corrupted by the devil as he tried to insubordinate God.God then decided to create \'fresh\' men hence the phrase, \'\'...let us now make man in our image and likeness...\'\'.According to them, the 1st and 2nd verse of the 1st chapter of the book of Genesis are seperated by millions of years.During this period i believe God must have \'destroyed\' the former earth and i also believe it was during this \'destruction\' that the continents were formed from the break up of the former earth which i was told was once 1 entity.The so called pre-Adamic men were wiped out and Bible scholars believe their souls make-up the beings we know as \'demons\' today.

As 1 someone pointed out earlier, man has only being here 4 not more than a few thousand years but the earth\'s age has being calculated from radiocarbon dating to be about 6 billion years!.So i believe whatever Darwin and other scientists have being discovering must be the remains of the so-called pre-Adamic men.
TO THINE OWNSELF BE TRUE

signopago

Origin of Life
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 11:26:03 PM »
Chelsea, i just read what you wrote about Darwin, theologians and scientists. My questions are: Who came up with these theories? Man? Have we thought about God and what he says? Do you think that an earthly man can measure the magnitude of God\'s wisdom and power in creation? Who is Darwin that you believe his theory? The same man who\'s theory is in conflict with the word of God? What brought about evolution? If man and his decayed scientific knowledge is perfect, why are they still discovering the universe. Havent these stars and planets been from time immemorial? Did they start existing from the day they were discovered by our so called scientists? These stars were made by a powerful supreme almighty God and in the process of time, man(his creation) is discovering them and making a big deal out of them. How then can we fathom God almighty with the filthy selfish education of Atheist scientists and brainwashed theologians who dont know how they were born or they reason they came to this planet called earth.

What about pre-Ademic? Who came up with that word? God or man that does not know his right from his left? Who do we believe, (assuming you\'re a christain by religion Chelsea)? Man or God? What about the bible? Did Genesis mention pre_Ademic? How did faithless, non spiritual, earthly, vain men find out how men were wiped off by God and allowed to turn to demons? How irrresponsible is that thought? Who are we mocking? God or ourselves? Can science and so called theologians who feed Gods people with information they read from a book written by man with the knowledge of man describe the wisdom behind the saying \"LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR OWN IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS\"? How do you understand and explain likeness and image of God and how sons and daughters of God (like you and me) will become demons after being wiped off by God the creator? Do you have any power over your soul? Can you tell us where you were before you were born or where you will be heading after you leave this life? Better still, tell me where any body you ever knew, who passed away went.

Chelsea, i am writing this because even though we are all sinners, yet we should not feed the flock of God with evil inspirations. If you do so because you believe a vain scientist who dares to challenge the Majesty of God the creator with his demonic anti Christ knowledge, you can be sure that the sayings of Christ in  Matthew 18:6, Mark 9:42 and Luke 17:2 concerning wrongs against the children which said \"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.\" Children here does not only mean kids but all men for whose sake Christ died to lead back to God. If you teach them anything that will remove them from the true and undiluted knowledge of God, there lives will be required of your hand by God. Therefore, \"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep\'s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits.-- ; these were written in Matthew 7:15-20. Remember, they Scriptures (Holy Bible) were written by inspiration of God through the holy spirit. Any other book, no matter the author and his irresponsible earthly position, not founded by the love of God, whether scientist or theologian, that teaches one thing different from what God gave us in the bible, that should be trampled upon because they are anti Christ. Remember, Christ is the word, every imagination that raises it\'s self above the knowledge of the word (God) must be brought low.

I am hammering on this because the world has been decieved by they devil who has been turned into an angel of light. It is now hard to distiguish right from wrong. Everyone is joining the bandwagon. Look before you leap. Teach not what you dont fully understand. Try every spirit. That which does not pass the standards of the word of God as stated in the scriptures, bring it low and move on. Read the bible and get to know the WORD. All other imaginations of man, irrespective of how many degrees and PHDs they have, trample on them. Remember, the world has elevated them, does that mean God has elevated them? What is right in the eyes of man is abomination in the eyes of God.

Hopefully, in some of your seminars or personal readings, you should have come across the book of Revelation and some other books of the bible that said, \" and there was war in heaven\" That old serpent, lucifer, the devil was cast down from heaven and all the spirits and angels that fought with him against the hosts of righteousness. Now tell me, if the devil still exists, what happened to the spirits and angels that fell with him? So why have the souls of men become demons and the spirits that were with lucifer vanished? That is a big lie told to children of God to lead them into believing vanity. Genesis said, \"and God breathed into man and he became a living soul\". Underline soul. Until then there was no living soul. Which souls therefore became belittle even to the state of demons?

Have you ever heard about the story of \"The Tower of Babel\" in the old testament? How from the beginning men were of one language until they decided to build a tower, so huge it will accomodate then in one place thereby breaking the commandment of God which he gave the \"First man\" he created, Adam, and you and me; BE FRUITFUL AND MULTIPLY AND SUBDUE THE EARTH. God saw that they were united so he put a stop to them by confusing their language. Now this is in the bible. Why do we believe another story made up by man about the creation of continents. How do you explain different races? Or God is not able to make men of different races that it took destuction to create continents? That is against the word of God as contained in the Holy Bible.

Man cannot tell how long the earth has been in existence unless revealed to you by God himself. Until then, make use of the calendar we have. Knowledge comes from God and he makes known his mysteries to his children who are conformed to his laws, not the laws of man. God rebukes the proud but gives grace to the Humble. That is in the book of Psalms. There is nothing wrong with scientists trying to make great discoveries. These discoveries should be manifestations of the power of God Almighty. Where these discoveries challenge the authority of God, there is a big problem. So please, study the word of God provided to us by God himself. Ask for wisdom from God. The secrets of God are with them that fear him, not educated, earthly renowned, proud men who have no regard for the Truth of God nor the fear of the Creator in them.
It\'s beautiful to love and be loved.

chelsea

Origin of Life
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 02:50:35 PM »
Dear Signapo, u misunderstood me completely.Let me state categorically b4 any other thing that i am a born again, spirit-filled, tongue-talking christian.I believe that the bible is the unquestionable word of God and i have never tried to challenge that.However, i have 1 weakness... an inability to commit portions of the bible to memory as i would want to and also sometimes i cannot be as articulate as i want to.

I did not set out to challenge the creation story as recorded in the Bible.That was not my purpose at all neither did i set out to support Darwin and his theories.I was just trying to give out what came 4rm my own thoughts  based on what i heard in  Bible Seminars (conducted by the way, by annointed men of God whom i respect very much and whom i will not dismiss as mere theologians) and what i was taught in Geology.

In order not to make this too long( cos i am not inclined to churning out  lengthty prose in a forum such as this), i\'ll recommend that u go study the book of Genesis especially chapters 1 and 2 with a study bible that has concordance ( i found the Dakes Bible esply helpful). Take time to look at the concordance very well  and look up other supporting scripture given as well.

I will also like to add that when God made man, He not only asked him to multiply but He said and i quote, \"...and replenish the earth, and SUBDUE it and HAVE DOMINION over...\'\' Gen.1:28b.Pls kindly check up the meaning of Subdue and Dominion.I never met Darwin.I don\'t know and may not share his convictions and idiosynchrasies but i was only positing that the guy may have being doing his own share of \'suduing and having dominion\' by trying to explain his baffling discoveries (and indeed there were discoveries; the guy worked with facts and figures).

I really don\'t know how to end this except to say that i heard about pre-Adamic men, my simple mind thought it a possibility (it doesn\'t make me any less a xtian, i still believe and have cofessed with my mouth that christ is lord and that God raised him up bodily after 3 days of death and these 2 processes i was told in Romans10:10 are the only requisite to being saved)  and placing it side-by-side to what i learnt in Geology, i tried to arrive at my own conclusions  .

Thank u.
TO THINE OWNSELF BE TRUE

signopago

Origin of Life
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 09:02:27 AM »
Since you have said you are a Christain, \"born again\", tongue speaking ( i dont want to get into that speaking in tongues issue now because lots of people speak in tongues and can not explain what they spoke if asked to), i want to believe you. I am not here to condemn you, but to stand for the truth. I am also not here to show how much bible qoutations i can leash out at a time.

You wrote

From information i got by attending Bible Seminars and studying Geology, i think i can co-relate Darwins theories with the creation story as recorded in the Bible

As a \"born again Christain, i did not expect you to co-relate the knowledge of man in any manner to the supremacy of Gods wisdom in Creation. Especially, the man who came up with a theory that have moved many souls from the truth of God. Remember, non can serve God and mamon at the same time, you can only serve the one and hate the other.

You wrote

According to Bible scholars, they were \'beings\' on earth b4 Adam( Pre-Adamic men is the term they gave to these beings) .These beings according to them were corrupted by the devil as he tried to insubordinate God.God then decided to create \'fresh\' men hence the phrase, \'\'...let us now make man in our image and likeness...\'\'.According to them, the 1st and 2nd verse of the 1st chapter of the book of Genesis are seperated by millions of years.

As a born again Christain, your statement ; \"According to\" only implies your views were drawn from the research and discovery of these \"Men\". People who have come up with lies that go against Christ whom you follow. The same LORD who said that any one who will teach any thing different from what is in the book will have his name blotted out of the book of life. AS CHRISTAINS, WE SHOULD NOT COMPROMISE THE WORDS OF GOD WITH THE WORDS OF MEN.

You wrote

During this period i believe God must have \'destroyed\' the former earth and i also believe it was during this \'destruction\' that the continents were formed from the break up of the former earth which i was told was once 1 entity.

Underline \"I believe\", this is what you wrote proving you have accepted their views. Your last statement in the above quote  \"...which i was told..\" implies you were fed by a source and from your conclusions, your source was not the bible but  what \"educated men of God, theologians\" came up with after drawing their own conclusions, not what the bible said. Tell me now, after God destroyed the Pre- Ademic men, and continents arose with different languages, how come their languages became one again so that God had to scatter them again at the Tower of Babel? Does that mean every one returned to speaking one language and living together? This shows the shallowness of the theories of these \"theologians and earthly scholars.

You wrote

The so called pre-Adamic men were wiped out and Bible scholars believe their souls make-up the beings we know as \'demons\' today.

I dont have to talk about that, it\'s just not concievable at all.

You wrote

As 1 someone pointed out earlier, man has only being here 4 not more than a few thousand years but the earth\'s age has being calculated from radiocarbon dating to be about 6 billion years!

What is radiocarbon dating and how accurate is that? God is perfect. Scientists work with trial and error. What has radiocarbon dating got to do with the timing of God?

Saying;
So i believe whatever Darwin and other scientists have being discovering must be the remains of the so-called pre-Adamic men.

only means you fully agree with them. If you have agreed to the level of believing, that proves conviction to Darwins theory and those scholars. While you may have your own way of understanding, i do not believe that having a PHD in divinity or theology makes you a man of God. I took religious classes and 99.9999 percent of what i was taught was contrary to God\'s word, the Bible. That is the same studies these men recieve. Except they be thought by Christ through the Holy Spirit, they will not differentiate between light and darkness. All true Christains know that the devil has made them look alike in our world today so that when you deviate you dont recognize and reconstruct.

What is Geology? Is it in concordance with Gods word? Therefore learn that which will help you and understand those polluted by the devil.

I am not here to discredit your knowledge of the bible. Never said i was perfect. You just mentioned you dont always quote exactly what the bible said. Same with me. I dont challenge your understanding of Subdue and replenish. I read the bible and ask God to teach me. While i may look into concordance, the wisdom of God surpasses them all and i try not to be blind to their errors. I dont know who dake is?

I never met Darwin.I don\'t know and may not share his convictions and idiosynchrasies but i was only positing that the guy may have being doing his own share of \'suduing and having dominion\' by trying to explain his baffling discoveries (and indeed there were discoveries; the guy worked with facts and figures).

As a christain, i dont expect you \"may not\" but that you firmly take a stand on the truth. You think he worked with facts, that is very right. Remember fact is not truth. Something can be a fact but is not the truth. Christains work with Truth, not facts. \"The time is come and now is when the true worshippers of God shall worship him in truth and in spirit. Christ is the truth, not fact.

I will stop here but not before i point this out. You wrote
I really don\'t know how to end this except to say that i heard about pre-Adamic men, my simple mind thought it a possibility (it doesn\'t make me any less a xtian, i still believe and have cofessed with my mouth that christ is lord and that God raised him up bodily after 3 days of death and these 2 processes i was told in Romans10:10 are the only requisite to being saved) and placing it side-by-side to what i learnt in Geology, i tried to arrive at my own conclusions . I really don\'t know how to end this except to say that i heard about pre-Adamic men, my simple mind thought it a possibility (it doesn\'t make me any less a xtian, i still believe and have cofessed with my mouth that christ is lord and that God raised him up bodily after 3 days of death and these 2 processes i was told in Romans10:10 are the only requisite to being saved) and placing it side-by-side to what i learnt in Geology, i tried to arrive at my own conclusions .

God forbide that i think you to be any less christain. Who am i to judge you? You heard about the pre ademic and your simple mind. ..As a fellow christain, i suggest that you watch what the mind comes up with. The devil is able to manipulate even the hearts of the chosen ones IF THEY LET THEIR GAURDs DOWN. Just for the reords, believeing in Christ and his resurrection and all that, is not the only prerequisite to being saved. Lots of drug dealers, murderers, liers, wicked men and women believe Christ is the son of God etc, better yet, they believe they are Christains. That doesnt gaurantee us heaven. Heaven is gauranteed when we take up our Cross and walk the walks of Jesus every day of our lifes until his return, not just believing, for even the devils believe and tremble.

Finally you said \"placing it side by side with what you learned in GEOLOGY, you TRIED to arrive at YOUR OWN CONCLUSION\". Your conclusions and my conclusions are not the conclusion of God. The bible says that he that think he stands should take heed lest he fall. The devil is watching us christains to make us draw up conclusion masked under deceit but portrayed as the choice of God. All i have written, i have written not to condemn you but to make you see things from a different light (only the world of God) free from the adultrations of men, no matter their earthly caliber or name. God bless you as you read his word and make known his wisdom to us all.
It\'s beautiful to love and be loved.

chelsea

Origin of Life
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 02:36:59 PM »
Signapago,(sorry i didn\'t get it d last time), thank u very much 4 expounding d scriptures to me.Sincerely, i\'m grateful. Debate is an interesting arena where u learn and give out a lot.I\'v learnt... we keep learning u know.However i still maintain dat u are not just getting my point.Wish it could be a verbal and not a written discussion .Well, i give up.U win, after all  man convinced against  his will is of the same opinion still.Thank u very much 4 taking time to post these replies.I appreciate.
\'Hope to \'meet\' uin other parts of the forum.Bye. :)
TO THINE OWNSELF BE TRUE