Author Topic: Prince Charles\' wedding going ahead on Friday  (Read 4146 times)

okey

Prince Charles\' wedding going ahead on Friday
« on: April 04, 2005, 10:11:24 AM »

Associated Press
LONDON ? Prince Charles\' wedding to Camilla Parker Bowles will go ahead on Friday as planned, even if it clashes with the funeral of Pope John Paul.

The prince\'s office says there are no plans to change the wedding date if the Pope\'s funeral is also scheduled for Friday.

Charles and Parker Bowles will be will be married in a civil ceremony in the town hall at Windsor.

It will be followed by a prayer service and dedication at Windsor castle\'s chapel.

In line with church protocol a funeral for the Pope, who died yesterday, must be held sometime between Wednesday and Friday.

The College of Cardinals meets tomorrow and is expected to set a date for the funeral.
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives

okey

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 10:12:45 AM »
Do you think Prince Charles should postpone his wedding in honor of the Pope?
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives

chizor

• http://
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 10:33:35 PM »
it\'s been postponed to saturday.
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn\'t seem quite so funny.
--Jack Handey,

Susia

• http://
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 10:42:57 PM »
Yea Chizor, u r right... the Wedding has been postponed to saturday. Prince Charles will represent Queen Elizabeth II at the funeral.

See Link for more !!!

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20050403140409990008&ncid=NWS00010000000001
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

sly

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 09:38:44 AM »
Okey I dont see anything wrong in postponing the wedding in honor of the late pope. He was a great man and deserves that respect. A wedding can always hold on another day
*****Accept criticism with a spirit of gratitude. Ego tripping is the dance of fools and has no place in the pursuit of excellence.*****
*****Michael Grant*****

ozy

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 05:10:40 AM »
What I don\'t still understand is who is marrying them, because in the Anglican communion, if you where married once, you cannot marry  again in the church neither will the priest wed you.