Poll

What kind of Movies Do you like the Best?

Romantic
1 (14.3%)
Epics
0 (0%)
Thriller
3 (42.9%)
Horror
1 (14.3%)
Action
2 (28.6%)
Sci-Fi
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 19, 2005, 07:23:49 PM

Author Topic: ALL ABOUT MOVIES (Reviews et al)  (Read 11175 times)

Honeybunnie

ALL ABOUT MOVIES (Reviews et al)
« on: May 19, 2005, 07:23:49 PM »
Being that it\'s almost summer again, and I hate having to waste my money on a not-so-great movie, this thread would include opinions on the movies that are out, be it Nigerian, Indian, American, Hindu, french. Whatever tickles your fancy. Feel free to give your thumbs up or down, give your suggestions and not-so-wonderful-reviews. Feel free to vent at the scenes you thought were the cheesiest in the movies, don\'t exclude stories on the NIgerian actors, roles and story lines. Do tell us what movies you\'ve seen lately as well, and your take on it.

I didn\'t get to see \"Assault on Precinct 13\" in the theaters, but rented it this past weekend. It was okay I\'d say, the story line was a little predictable though, but I\'d recommend seeing it.

Anyhow I hear \"White Noise\" is also out, and I didn\'t see it in the theaters, I\'d prolly get it this weekend, always love a good scare  :twisted: !!!.

signopago

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 08:09:29 AM »
You know, i was just wondering, Nigerian actors and actresses have found new adventure in music. Whats up with that?
It\'s beautiful to love and be loved.

fresco

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 08:19:35 AM »
Although this movie is kinda old but i saw Amityville Horror. Man this movie is ok; i thought it would be much scarier than it was but it\'s aiight. For those that haven\'t seen it, it\'s about a family migrated to a haunted house. The house is haunted because of a man murdered his family due to voices he heard telling him to do so; therefore the bodies of the family were buried in the house. The ghost of those family members began to affect the new family that just moved in; especially the husband was the person most haunted mentally. He became less heedful to his wife and children. Eventually they were able to leave the house, but with a hassle. the husband/children\'s father was knocked-off and he became unconscious b/c he wanted to kill his children, who wanted to leave the house, but the eldest knocked him off..... so the husband realised where he was when they moved out.  
   I\'m a fan of scary movies, i recommend those that haven\'t seen it to see it. if you don\'t like really scary movies, you should also see it cuz it ain\'t scary that much. I will award it  with 3 stars out of 5.  Does anyone remember this old movie \"13 ghost\"... if you haven\'t seen it, you can rent it out. It\'s really good and scary as hell.
  The question i have is why do directors of horror movies use the Church, specifically Catholic Church in their movies???? In Amityville Horror.... a priest was present. In this movie.... although kinda old \"Stigmata\" priest was present (by the way, the movie is GOOD)....and the church building was also used. In some of Stephen King movies.... the church is also used. why is that?

fresco

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 08:31:32 AM »
So i\'m guessing they are using the church to make money.

signopago

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 08:33:17 AM »
I love stigmata...for som reason

Honeybunnie

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 08:37:43 AM »
Stigmata was a good movie, I remember that.

Frescoe I hear you about AMityville Horror, I saw that a while back, it was scary as hell....i got it mixed up initially with another movie till I reread your post. I loved it, did you see The Ring II?? Another hood one.

The one movie that until today pisses me off is Van Helsing. I advise you all not to even bother renting it, a complete utter waste of time. Slept through the movie, which is really hard for me to do.

Signo on the Nigerian actors and actresses, have you all heard that Genevieve Nnaji is the new face of Lux. She got a $75000 deal with lux to be the brand face replacing the other lady. SO she\'s going to be on all the soap wraps, creams and all. I tell you, Nollywood is not a bad place right now. Girl is going places that\'s for sure. I heard bout her siging though, I really don\'t know where she gets that from, I don\'t understand why they all want to sing as well, trying to be J-Lo, I guess.

By the way has anyone seen Interpreter, Million Dollar Baby, Diary of a mad black woman, House of Wax, or Star Wars? Haven\'t seen a movie ina minute, no time. :(

fresco

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 08:45:01 AM »
Yea.... i heard about Nnaji forcing herself to sing. Singing is not meant for everybody. if you are good at that, fine; if not don\'t bother. I read how she was comparing herself with J-lo and Beyonce. She said sumtin of how J-lo does not always respond to her fans e-mails and stuff like that; i guess her fans wanted Genevieve to respond. Her comments infuriated her fans who then criticized her and called her snobbish etc. I believe Nigeria movie actors and actress are improving but the thing is that don\'t do something you know you aren\'t good at... interms of Nnaji\'s situation becuz its not gonna work for yah.

signopago

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 08:49:57 AM »
As much as am not a big fan of some Nigerian actors and actresses especially Nnaji or is it Genesis, but come to think of it, she is not far from j-lo or beyounce. Actually she maybe putting more effort than they are. This can be well proved and defended.

Honeybunnie

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 09:16:18 AM »
Here are the links to two Nigerian actresses\' web pages

Genevieve Nnaji . http://aboutgenevieve.com/

Omotola Jalade. http://www.omotola.com/

Dang, Omotola has put on so much weight, I remember seeing her movies back then, I was a huge fan, and she then got married to this guy on a plane, from what I heard then.

Why don\'t NIgerian actresses take care of themselves?? Has anyone seen Eucharia Anunobi lately??? 8O whoooooaaaa is all I can say.

fresco

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2005, 05:22:06 AM »
I visited Genevieve\'s website when it was on; she got some cool pictures too. I believe majority of the actresses and actors have their own websites, atleast people can visit to know what\'s up.

fresco

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2005, 05:32:51 AM »
Here is the site where Genevieve compared herself with J-lo and Beyonce.... feel free to read more about other actors/actresses.
Link below
http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/articles/365/1/Is-Genevieve-Nnaji-Nigeria's-First-Movie-Superstar?

ozy

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2005, 08:33:00 AM »
good for her.

chinelo

• http://
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2005, 03:32:44 PM »
Hey HB, i liked Van Helsing o (i like when movie makers r not afraid to let their imaginations run wild). i\'m a huge fan of movies like - Hell boy, Under world, Sin city.....I love thrillers.
anyone seen Hotel Rwanda yet? i absolutely loved it and i recommend. Kung-fu Hustle nko? i thought it was going to be lame but it cracked me up so bad(check it out).
Diary of a mad black woman was an angry movie(just ok sha)-d type u watch once and dats it.i\'m not into nigerian movies but i can\'t escape it all d time.when i have to watch i have my favourite actresses which include Stella Damascus(she\'s my best) and Omotola.Genevive is a good actress but i don\'t get d music thing.someone told me sometime ago dat she was razz, i thought it was beef but i\'m beginning to see it.
The world is dangerous not because of those who do harm, but because of those who look at it without doing anything -Albert Einstein

fresco

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2005, 09:08:05 PM »
Kung-fu hussle.... from the preview.... i think it\'s a funny movie and makes fun of Kung-fu. Hell Boy..... this is not my type, although will be interesting to others.
I\'m waiting to see Mr and Mrs. Smith, although not horror but i believe it will be a good movie.

Honeybunnie

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2005, 05:57:15 PM »
Hmmm.....Chinelo, maybe it was because I saw it in the movie theater, and I kept waiting for something to happen to help me explain the entire fireworks better, the storyline was a little off for me. The theatricals and graphics were definitely one of a kind, which was the main reason why I was attracted to it in the first place. I didn\'t see Hell Boy, have you noticed how Ron Perlman, the Hellboy actor is always the one in all the comic book movies, maybe \'cos he has a very strange/sorta-not-normal-look.

I rented and saw White Noise and Team America this past week.

Team America was AWESOME, I was laughing my head off, if you like some sarcastic humour, you should check it out. It was made by the makers of South Park, so if you can stand South Park Humour, you\'ll love this. I like how they made fun of regular movie roles, like how the lead actors in most movies always have these macho-one-liners. And look out for the long transformation that was given to the main team member, so he could go undercover, just too funny. NOTE: the entire movie was done with puppets, and that made the themes and different regular movie roles interesting. The movie started out with the members of team America asking terrorists to drop the Weapons of Mass Destruction they were carrying, don\'t want to spell it out, but my take???? Two Thumbs Way Up.

White Noise was kinda annoying, the entire movie was about TV screens going blank and this guy was just obsessed with trying to hear from his dead wife, just didn\'t get that part. Some parts of it were spooky though, maybe \'cos I saw it late at night.