Author Topic: WHAT ANNOYS YOU THE MOST???? (Add yours)  (Read 35400 times)

chizor

• http://
WHAT ANNOYS YOU THE MOST???? (Add yours)
« on: March 02, 2005, 04:04:24 AM »
Something happened to me on my way back from work this evening which prompted me to write on this topic.  

I guess as humans, we all have things that annoy us from time to time. They might be little mistakes people make, things people say, certain actions that are constantly carried out etc. Some of them you look back on and laugh at, but some you just don\'t. I thought i\'ld start by listing a few of mine and will be looking forward to reading yours.

1) I cannt stand it when people clip/step on my shoes from behind almost making me trip. I always feel like going behind them and stepping real hard on their shoes.

2) Cann\'t stand it when people open the door in front of me, walk past and let the door swing back in my face.  This is even worse when they know i\'m walking right behind them.

3)You\'re standing in a queue in a shop. You\'ve got one cashier who has been serving for the past 10mins. You\'re about the 3rd in a queue of 10 people. You\'ve been waiting for the past 10mins.  its almost your turn to be served, and so you\'re getting anxious. All of a sudden another cashier lands without you noticing, opens her checkout and b4 you know it, the people behind you rush to the cashier and get served b4 you.

4) Finally, this is abit gross, but i guess this annoys me more than anything else.  You go into the ladies/gents to do a lil wee wee or whatever, pull up the toilet sit and find that someone had been b4 you, done number 2 and forgot to ensure that it was completely flushed away.  You find one lump of number 2 floating in front of you.
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn\'t seem quite so funny.
--Jack Handey,

uapo4

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 04:45:25 AM »
Wow, you\'ve made a very interesting read. Well below are mine:
(1) When Nigeria Super Eagles play against a team other than Brazil and we look so clumsy and wind up losing.  I usually develop fever literally even if it\'s just for 5 mins.  I have that horrible habbit of getting so much into the game, but the weird thing is I LIKE IT.

(2) I hate it when I\'m driving at a zone where the speed limit is like 65 mph and someone in front of me is driving at 50 or something that low like that when the road is clear. To cap it all, when they brake unnecessarily, I just get to a different lane. Sometimes I feel like going in front of them and driving at 30 or braking, so they experience the \"sweetness\"; however, I\'ve not convinced myself to do so.

(3) I actually seem to have real issues with clumsiness. Just a few weeks ago, I was watching \"The Dunk Contest\" on NBA All-Star basketball weekend.  One \"Anderson\" made a nuissance of the show by tossing the ball NINE times without being able to dunk at all! It annoys me when I\'m working with or waiting for clumsy person(s).

I\'m sure there are more, but I\'ll put them up later as they come to me.
"Incline Thy ear, O Lord, and hear me: for I am needy and poor" -- Psalm lxxxv. 1

tsly

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 09:18:54 AM »
while having a conversation with someone and they go like
understand what i am say?

I always go like:
NO I DON\'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING

Susia

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 10:11:49 AM »
Interesting !!!!!!!!!!!!
1. I hate when people are driving in the left lane doing 20mph. Am like  how u do 20mph in a left lane ( fast lane ). I dont even move over to the middle lane or right lane, i just flash my head lights and Most times, they get the message, some times it happens to be some Old man or woman  in the car and they always have their whole body buried in the steering wheels, so i cld flash all i want they still will not move.
2. I hate when am driving and the signs say \"Yield\" not \"Stop\" and people just stop waiting for all the cars to go by before they can Yield.
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

Honeybunnie

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 10:11:52 AM »
Chizor, You hit the nail on the head with the speed limit..

Here are things that annoy me

1) they need to take away all licenses from old people

2) If you are driving below 70, move your ass over to the right lane.  

3) When you finish working out....Clean the freaking machines of your nasty sweat.

4) When you are waiting on me at a restaurant, please back off with the \"how are you doing?\", \"are you okay?\" questions.

5) At airports, if you want to just stand, stay on the side that says \"STAND\" on the walkways.

6) Hate it when people punctuate every word with \"...and like....\"

7) When you are a Nigerian saying \"warrer - water etc

8) When I\'m dancing with my girls, don\'t just come up behind me and start dancing ... I HATE THAT!!!

I\'ll come up with so many more for sure.

Honeybunnie

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »
I think it\'s Uzo and Susia that hit the nail on the head about speed limits.

.....My list.....To be continued

8)   8)

Honeybunnie

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 10:34:26 AM »
Have to add this so I don\'t forget.

9) When people see you trying to switch lanes, and they start speeding up like you are racing them, HATE THAT, but I always make my turn, can\'t stop a natural-born Naija driver .

You know that if you can drive in Lagos and some parts of Abuja, you can drive anywhere in the entire world..

I\'ll stop here....to be continued.... 8)  8)

uapo4

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 07:45:27 PM »
When I see a bully taking on someone or just picking on someone much younger. Especially, fooling around with a kid\'s lack of understanding...although I see these mostly in movies I guess.
"Incline Thy ear, O Lord, and hear me: for I am needy and poor" -- Psalm lxxxv. 1

Prince

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 09:32:16 PM »
Just like Tsly\'s \"Nkata Igbo,\" this topic is blazing through.  Good for you, Chizor.

1. Tell me how it feels when you walk into a business establishment, and the fella at the desk glances at you and continues with whatever he/she is doing, on the phone or whatever.  

Just a quick \"I\'ll be with you in a minute,\" or sticking the first finger in the air to signal \"one moment\" will suffice.  Wave, do something to acknowledge me, don\'t you dare ignore me.

2. You have no idea what being livid is until you walk into a bank.  The line is 25 people long.  You\'re running very late.  You\'re now midway.  A cell phone rings.  The fella beside you pulls his out flips it open and begins an endless yak-yak, to the hearing of everyone at the bank.

3. Please, whatever you do, don\'t ever ask me where I\'m from or attempt to guess my place of origin, especially if it has no bearing to the topic of our conversation.

4. If by, any iota of a chance, our paths cross in a public facility say: plane, train, bus, train station, airport, etc., if you don\'t already know me or you think you know me from somewhere, and if you are not a woman, please DO NOT strike up a conversation with me.  You got a question, ask.  You want something, say it and be gone.  Don\'t try to make small talk, I don\'t play that.  You\'ve nothing I want.
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)

chizor

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 10:12:21 PM »
boy! you guys are so damn funny. i guess we should run a poll at the end to see which most annoying habit wins.  You know what! the customer service issue you mentioned is certainly true. that is a killer for me!
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn\'t seem quite so funny.
--Jack Handey,

Honeybunnie

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 07:55:48 PM »
Prince, you hit it on the head with the small talk, i was going to put that in there before but wasn\'t sure how. I hate that, or when they figure out you are originally from Nigeria and they start asking all these stupid questions like \"Do you guys have houses.....\"...I\'m thinking y\'all are so ignorant.

10) Very annoying when people slurp when they are drinking tea or coffee, or if they use teaspoons to drink it.

11) Very annoying when every window I open online exposes a hidden pop-up window, well how do I get around that?. I stopped using INternet explorer, I now use mozilla firefox.

12) Annoying when people call you and don\'t leave a message, and then you call them and they don\'t pick up, and you\'re not sure if to leave a message saying \"I saw you called\" or just not leave a message as well.

13) Annoying when doctor\'s, dentists and the like try to make it look like they are really ineterested in you when you are visiting, asking all those questions like they care or would remember. They just move on and do the same thing to the next patient. On that note, it\'s interesting how I\'ve never seen a fat doctor in the US, they\'re always thin, young and clean.

14) Annoying when you call customer service of anything, and the automated machine takes all your info, and then when you start to talk to a live person, they turn around and ask you for all the same information.

If I come up with more, will be letting you know. :!:  :!:

Prince

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 08:51:37 PM »
Yes, indeed, HB; your #14 is a doozy, and it gets more irritating when it happens in person.  

You\'ve just completed a form or appliction or something.  Your paper is taken to the idiot who\'s supposed to handle your case.  And you wait, and wait, and wait.

Finally, the receptionist butchers your last name while announceing your turn.  You are already beside yourself because a couple of people who came after you, walked in ahead of you, after talking to the receptionist as though they had known each other for decades.  When the door opened, Mr Big Stuff walked by you at the launge with the previous visitor and they spent another 45 mins talking at the doorway or in the hallway.

So you know by the time you were called up, you are steaming, ready to power the space shuttle to Mars.  You walk in.  Mr big Stuff apologises for wasting your time, like you give a damn, and spends another 7 mins explaining to you what their business is.  Meanwhile, you are white hot, suppressing an explossion that is long overdue.

He begins to funble for your paper and then finds it right under his very nose.  There\'s no mistaking the steam and smoke shooting from your ears and nose and eyes.  He picks it up, reclines, and lets out a series of uhuus and mhhs.  The only thing restraining you from exploding is the consolation that he is reading your paperwork.  He puts it down and asks,

\"Now, what can I do for you?\"
\"I want you to get off that seat so I can occupy it, stupid,\" your mind must be yelling.  But being the good Christian that you are, you quietly and calmly relate the same business your had gone over on the phone before you got there.
\"What\'s your name, again?\" he asks.
\"My name is You,... F**** You,\" your mind says it before your mouth remembers your real name.  But you politely point out that it is on the paper in front of him.

He apologises sarcastically and then asks, \"how do you prononuce your last name?\"  He then makes you reapeat it several time as if he wouldn\'t graduate this summer if he doesn\'t learn to pronounce your name.

I think this is where Houston reports they have lost a rocket over the Atlantic or some Godforsaken area, because the man just asks you your phone number.
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)

Susia

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 11:58:59 PM »
Buahahahah @ Prince, i feel you on the last Paragraph. I always get that\" Maam , how do u pronouce your Last name\". I be like the same way it is written.
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

Honeybunnie

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 12:02:01 AM »
Susia, you just reminded of one more thing.

15) I hate being called maam.....I ain\'t no maam, I am not that old yet.

Prince, that your last post was quite the read, I am at work, cracking up real bad.

chizor

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 02:15:28 AM »
It\'s just finished raining, there are puddles of water on the road. You\'re walking on the pavement.  All of a sudden one bombastic element decides to speed past in his car splashing water on you. Worst part is that before you realise what happened, the mugu would have disappeared.  :evil:  :evil:
--Jack Handey,