Author Topic: Post Reunion Issues  (Read 4131 times)

okey

Post Reunion Issues
« on: September 22, 2005, 08:15:04 PM »
Permit me also to state or discuss an issue that i think we all should address, sort of discuss actually. This has to do with Reunions.

We just concluded a reunion, which took place in Texas. People came and had as much fun as they allowed themselves. Last years reunion held in Maryland
was great. From Friday to Sunday, and then Monday, everyone leaves. All activities/ Events mapped out for the reunion are great and fun, especially for those who participate
but people seem to participate more when it comes to certain events and then do not show up at all when certain events are scheduled. Unfortunately, the event(s) forfeited are/ is the most important and am talking about the meetings which are usually slated for Saturday mornings.

What am about to stress here am totally guilty of and very disappointed, even in myself for the couple promises I made to certain people at the just concluded reunion, which I failed to fulfill due to situations I felt I had no control over and for that I deeply apologize to the people involved.

I have spoken to a couple people, Alumni?s especially who are committed to seeing a positive turn around on how we approach meetings.

Meetings are supposed to be vital to our gatherings at the reunions. If a scale of preference was to be drawn, our different/ joint school meetings should be at the top of the list. There are likely reasons that prevent people from honoring this invitation to contribute and they are as follows but not limited to:
-----
continued
-----
 People go clubbing on Friday night and stay up until morning and then go to bed. As a result, 99.9% of attendees sleep until about noon of Saturday morning and this encumbers plans for the different schools to meet and discuss issues that are relevant to our gathering/ Reunion. This is not centered on whether or not people should go clubbing but on the impact of such on our very important agenda. I am therefore saying that if anyone desires to go clubbing, it?s up to that person, but let us make sure that we are prepared to defeat the desire of the body to catch up on sleep lost so we can accomplish that which brought us together.
Or people just flat out refuse to attend, as this may not be primary to their agenda for the reunion. Letting these hamper our agenda defeats this
?WHAT IS METRO OWERRI SECONDARY SCHOOLS REUNION?
The alumni of the secondary schools located in Owerri, Imo State wanted a means to get together, reunite and in the process device ways to contribute positively to their various alma mater. Hence the idea for a reunion was born. The bond between these schools made it possible to accommodate and capture the true sense of our Secondary School life, thus our brain child; Metro College Reunion (MCR) was born!!!?

Note this

??and in the process device ways to contribute positively to their various alma mater.?

This will not be possible if the avenue for devising these ways to contribute positively is shut off. Am sure nobody will in their right minds fly out of their destination just to go clubbing or partying, therefore let us see to it that our gatherings are fruitful and profitable to our purpose.

Alumni in Philadelphia has suggested that perhaps grouping by location could be a good idea so as much as reside in an area can meet to discuss issues and then what ever is agreed upon will be presented at the reunion for all to consider, accept or modify for the greater good. I think it?s an idea to be looked at. If different pockets of old students of Owerri metro schools through out the United States come up with ideas to help our goals, by the time we gather for reunions, there?ll be a yearn to relay those ideas at the meetings and then there wouldn?t be a noticeable deficiency in attendance. I don?t know what steps are being taken in selection of future organizers but I hope they?ll prioritize school gatherings at reunions. This will strengthen attendance amongst all especially critical thinkers and even prominent old students home and abroad who may be propelled to contribute as a result.

I hope my little contribution is selflessly evaluated as I have selflessly contributed hoping for the best possible results.
Thank you all.

The above apology is for Uzoma (meeting) and Aq (for rehearsal). Please accept.
by Uzo Lance
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives

okey

Post Reunion Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 08:15:56 PM »
Forgive me, the first sentence was mistakenly deleted.Which was
(Hello Everyone. Am using this medium to greet and salute everyone)

by Uzo Lance
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;

okey

Post Reunion Issues
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 08:17:43 PM »
Mba nu, mba!!! That\'s not necessary Uzo Lance...no need for an apology. You did bring up very interesting points that need serious consideration for such future reunions. Ciao :) I\'ll call you later.

By Uapo4
===

okey

Post Reunion Issues
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 08:47:42 PM »
I concur with Uzo L\'s points. This has been on my mind for some time and i\'ve pondered on ways to address this issue.

Your writings has invoked a lot of innovative thoughts and ideas which i hope to follow up shortly with more comments

Kudos!

Also, everyone, feel free to share your thoughts; especially in strengtening the school meetings. In my opinion, that is the most important part of the reunion and unfortunately, the least amount of time has been devoted to it
===

UzoLance

Post Reunion Issues
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 09:12:40 PM »
Actually, the idea of having meetings zoned or grouped through out the US prior to reunion was from Ezenwa.  He made the suggestion and i thought it could be considered. What ever we all decide however, will be  prevalent to this issue.
Hight and Age doesnt depict Maturity.

objobj

Post Reunion Issues
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 08:26:01 AM »
People go clubbing on Friday night and stay up until morning and then go to bed. As a result, 99.9% of attendees sleep until about noon of Saturday morning and this encumbers plans for the different schools to meet and discuss issues that are relevant to our gathering/ Reunion. This is not centered on whether or not people should go clubbing but on the impact of.................

how long are the morning sessions on saturdays? is it possible that the morning sessions be moved to 1:00pm? yes, i know the evening activities maybe affected, but, if the morning sessions (which is now afternoon session) are kept within three hours, then, there\'ll still be enough time for rest of the evening games and mgbaratu
I am too Blessed to be Stressed

ABPHILO

Post Reunion Issues
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 01:31:30 AM »
It is good you said sorry.When a person does any mistake he says sorry.Keep it up.   :)