Author Topic: THE STOCK MARKET  (Read 11928 times)

Prince

THE STOCK MARKET
« on: March 20, 2005, 05:44:08 AM »
Who amonmg us here dabbles in the stock market?  If you do, watch the following stocks:

Research in motion, Ltd. RIMM $83.00/share
Lehman Bros Holdings, Inc.  LEH $96.00/share
Aple Computer, Inc. AAPL $42.50/share
Inter Tel, Inc. INTL $26.00/share.
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)

Susia

• http://
THE STOCK MARKET
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 06:06:18 AM »
Speaking about shares, i was thinking of buying a couple of shares, but i dont have time to sit on my PC and watch the stock market fall and rise. i dont even understand what the are doing, I took an accounting class about common stock, preferred stock, etc. I hated that topic, but i understand the make alot of money trading stocks etc. I could immagine them big guys in wall street all suited up.

One has to be careful to know when to dump the stocks etc. you really have to be on the look out else you\'ll loose a lot of money.
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

Prince

THE STOCK MARKET
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 06:42:05 AM »
You are right, Susia.  The stock market is not a risk free market.  Then again, what is?  People have been known to choke drinking water.

There are simple rules that can make stock trading fun.  Once you get those rules down, you\'ll do just fine.  You don\'t have to sit on your computer all day to watch the market, unless you are a day trader.  If don\'t have a lot of time, you can be a swing, intermiddiate, or long term trader.

What you don\'t wanna do is have your job deduct a certain amount from your pay check to invest for you.  You also don\'t wanna have a prokarage firm trade for you.  Just make sure you do your own trading. The stock broker has a billion clients worldwide; you are nothing to them, contrary to what they claim.

If you do your own trading, you dump your stock when that stock is tanking.  Also, depending on how much you wanna put up, you can make money trading a stock that is going down.  It\'s called short trading.  Believe me, it\'s fun.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

Susia

THE STOCK MARKET
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 09:49:55 PM »
@ Prince, when you mean job invest for you, is that similiar to 401K Plan or the Thrift savings plan? or Is that something different. cos I know in the 401K Plan and Thrift savings Plan, your money is kept in a risk free market( where you are gauarnteed your money regardless of the stock market) but you can gamble with ur money and spread it all over. Spreading it over is very risky but has a greater rate of return. Again the fund where the employer dumps your fund doesn\'t really fetch you a significant rate of return as opposed to other risky fund. Like i said its a gamble. I dont know if this is what you meant.
The brokers dont give a ratass about anyone. they have billions and billions of clients and make alotta of $$$$$ on each transactions. You will not imagine how much the make on each transaction they put through. Go to Wall Street at 9.00am and see what going on there. meeeeen its crazy!!!!.
I dont mind  investing a couple $$$$ but i have to actually do a research in the company for over a period of years, study the Financial statements,  the Earnings per share on the company, Cash flows etc. It really a lotta work. Will not throw my money into anykind of company. I heard HomeDepot, Microsoft are good companies to invest. Have you heard about Taser, its a good company that i have been watching for a while now.

That reminds me Martha Stewart is back from her Vacation.

okey

THE STOCK MARKET
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 10:49:16 PM »
I love the energy stocks especially Oil (crude). Although the are highly priced, i see it peaking to over $70 over the next two years due to increased demand from the US, China, et al.

However, I will personally wait for it to drop to about $50 a barrel before buying.

Historically, there is a higher demand during the summer months (hot weather) and winter months depending on its severity.

These are recommendation... don\'t go loose money and blame me. However, if someone gets richer of my tips, do no hesitate to mail my check
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives

okey

THE STOCK MARKET
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 10:54:58 PM »
Crude oil prices are still cheap if inflation is taken into account. From what i understand, if adjusted, we should be seeing $90/barrel prices for crude.

Imagine paying $4.50/gallon at the pump
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;

Prince

THE STOCK MARKET
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 02:15:38 AM »
Susia, I don\'t know the inner working of the job thing,  I know people whose paychecks are lessened by these programs and they don\'t seem happy about it.  If the yeilds of such programs are satisfactory, one might think of something else.

As I said before, all life is a gamble; to win it, you\'ve got to be in it.  You know what Nike said, \"Just do it.\"

Okey, damn straight, oil is gonna do some stuff.  However, the $90/barrel might seem a little far fetched, but not impossible, given the present trend.  I made quite a few cents on Exxon Mobil (XOM).  I dumped it at its height and now, I\'m waiting to see how low it will go.

The thing is, the higher the price of oil, the more grounds these highbree cars gain.  They are all over here in the Wash., DC area.  I think that the price of oil is driven, not for its shortage, but the fear of disruption by the Iraqi insurgency.

China is not helping matters.  Let\'s wait and see.

okey

THE STOCK MARKET
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 04:48:53 AM »
i meant $90/barrel should be the actual price of oil if inflation  is factored in. Such as the value of the dollar in 1970 when compared to today

Oil is 50 percent more expensive than a year ago but still well below the inflation-adjusted peak above $90 a barrel set in 1980

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050320/oil_prices_2.html

However, oil over the next two year i see peaking at about  $70/barrel.

These high oil prices are good for Nigeria. But the more money the get into their hands, the more corrupt the official become.
===

Prince

THE STOCK MARKET
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 10:38:55 AM »
Alright, I got you.  I got thrown there for a moment.  I was gonna buy a bicycle if oil tended towards $90.  I probably would buy a few pairs of tire slippers and sandals, too, if that happened.

Honeybunnie

THE STOCK MARKET
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 08:35:41 PM »
Part of the reason that oil prices have gone higher are fears about a Nigerian oil strike. Nigerian workers are threatening a three-day strike, why? They need the oil companies to stop using casual (part-time) workers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4367249.stm

Prince

THE STOCK MARKET
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 08:49:52 PM »
Na waa-o-o.  As we dey patch, i\' dey leak.  I think it\'s becomming funny.  Why would oil conpanies hire part-timers when full-timesrs are being paid peanuts?

Susia

THE STOCK MARKET
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 09:39:26 PM »
For those of us that are not \"big shots\" like Prince, and who wishes to invest in the stock market, here are some affordable stocks ( under 10.00 )with rich Potentials.

1. TheKnot.com (KNOT): $6.10
2. Ninetowns (NINE): $8.19
3. CNET Networks (CNET): $9.18
4. Webzen (WZEN): $5.90
5. Jones Soda (JSDA): $4.00
6. Sirius Radio (SIRI): $5.60
7. Six Flags (PKS): $4.43
8. Krispy Kreme (KKD): $7.37
9. Autobytel (ABTLE): $5.89
10. Radyne ComS. (RADN): $9.02

For more details please refer to link:

http://pf.channel.aol.com/investing/stocks/spotlight

*** do some research first ooo***

Prince

THE STOCK MARKET
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »
Noooh, Susia, it\'s not like that.  I\'m by no means a big shot.  It\'s just that I trade stocks with a little meat on them, that I can get in and get out of.

More often than not, the volume on some of these penny stocks is so low, you may have to wait a long time for any kind of movement.  That\'s too dull for me.

I prefer day trading.  I get in and out. at will.

kenmartins

THE STOCK MARKET
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 09:21:38 AM »
U\'ve got to be careful with stocks. Look at what happened to M. stewart.

Prince

THE STOCK MARKET
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2005, 10:12:51 AM »
Well, Ken, your counsel is taken under avisement, with appreciation.  However, note that there\'s no guarantee in anything under the sun.  One has to be careful driving, eating, swimming, travelling, drinking, etc.  The only difference between stock trading and any other trading, say textile, grocery, auto, etc., is that a stock trader does not have to take possession of his merchandise as must the other traders.  Yet, people kudo the other trders and caution the stock trader.  Go figure.