Author Topic: March Madness  (Read 5528 times)

objobj

March Madness
« on: March 20, 2005, 07:17:40 AM »
does anyone still have his/her bracket sheet intact? mine is out the window. kansas and syracuse messed it up. i picked both teams to be in the final four.
I am too Blessed to be Stressed

Susia

• http://
March Madness
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 09:30:55 PM »
ewwwwwwwwww, sorry @ obj, am not into college basketball, i\'ll rather watch Pro basketball (NBA). I cant watch college basketball its like watching highschool kids play basketball. I am not even following the game but i can tell you wa gwan in NBA
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

uapo4

March Madness
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 09:45:40 PM »
Obj, all that\'s important is that you conclude that Georgia Tech will win the Final Four. 8)
I will get you the full-bracket later. For ACC part of the tournament, you can visit www.theacc.com
"Incline Thy ear, O Lord, and hear me: for I am needy and poor" -- Psalm lxxxv. 1

okey

March Madness
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 10:37:10 PM »
I wish I actually submitted my brackets... meanwhile, a lot of my predicted upsets has come true.

Uzoma, GA Tech vs Louisville, that might be GT\'s last game. They should be happy the made it this far. I know bcos you are in GT, it will definitely cloud your judgement...

Let\'s see, do we pick our finial four teams now???

On a different note? Does anyone know of a site where we can keep track of secondary school sports in naija?
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives

Honeybunnie

March Madness
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 10:46:57 PM »
I Had to mention, did you guys notice the Nigerian dude playing for Kentucky, Kelenna Azubuike, that boy\'s good...and not so bad looking either  :lol: .... Nigerians are all over American sports.

Susia

March Madness
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 11:04:27 PM »
Yea its alotta of Nigeria Players in sports , NBA, NFL, SOCCER etc but my question is this: What are the doing for the Nigerian community? NOTHING!!!!!!. Look at Dikembe Mutumbo, at least he is building a hospital for his pple back in Africa and a couple foreign players. They need to step up and do something for the community at least giving back and showing appreciate with all dem million dollar contract the sign. Emeka Okafor atleast should go and tarred the road to their village etc.....lol
Not to talk to the guys in soccer in foreign countries, Okocha, Kanu etc
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

Honeybunnie

March Madness
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 11:06:26 PM »
Oh, I remember saying that on the guestbook a while back in regards to Geroge Weah visiting the U of M. All the Nig superstar athletes haven\'t done anything or given anything back to Naija and it sux.

okey

March Madness
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 11:16:25 PM »
then again, they could be doing things that are not so visible.

However, I think if some of them embacked on more visible projects that will benefit a community, state, or Nigeria as a whole, that will definitely set an example.
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;

okey

March Madness
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 05:36:43 AM »
Quote from: \"okey\"
I wish I actually submitted my brackets... meanwhile, a lot of my predicted upsets has come true.

Uzoma, GA Tech vs Louisville, that might be GT\'s last game. They should be happy the made it this far. I know bcos you are in GT, it will definitely cloud your judgement...

Let\'s see, do we pick our finial four teams now???

On a different note? Does anyone know of a site where we can keep track of secondary school sports in naija?

As predicted, today was judgement day for some. GT played hard. I also wanted Duke to go down today (there\'s always tomorrow)
===

uapo4

March Madness
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 10:16:23 AM »
@Okey, you see that\'s the problem. When you tell people to consult me for advice on how to compete, they don\'t listen :D My school thought that I was just another student and decided not to come to me for help...well, they got massacred.

Let\'s see if NFA will listen and give Nigeria a chance at making the FIFA World Cup soccer next year. :wink:

@OBJ, I hope the link I gave you was helpful i.e. www.theacc.com
"Incline Thy ear, O Lord, and hear me: for I am needy and poor" -- Psalm lxxxv. 1

objobj

March Madness
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 10:42:46 AM »
uap04, my condolences to you and all the yellow jackets fans, just look it this way?there is always next year. Yes, I got the link but, after the all the upsets that took place; I did not need the brackets anymore
I am too Blessed to be Stressed

uapo4

March Madness
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 10:53:26 PM »
Objobj, thank you. I am not even concerned at all. My buddy here at Tech slept for more than 10 hours after the loss. I asked him if he has recovered and he said \"of course\". But I had to be watchful of any weird reactions during the day  :lol:

Anyway, basketball is fun to me, but not as much as soccer. I can deal with basketball loss in just a few minutes. But with soccer/football, I think it takes a week or longer for me to fully recover from a Nigerian loss. To be frank with you, and I am not kidding, I literally got fever after Nigeria lost 0-1 to Argentina in 2002 World Cup. At that point, I knew I have a problem, but the weird thing is \"I LIKE IT :!: \" 8)