Author Topic: Who is the Real ORACLE - Matrix  (Read 3665 times)

okey

Who is the Real ORACLE - Matrix
« on: April 23, 2005, 08:30:43 PM »
http://www.frostillustrated.com/news/2005/0330/News/011.html
see the link above for more on this story

Black woman files billion dollar lawsuit against Matrix, Terminator filmmakers

Patrons in a crowded movie theatre were amazed as they watched a woman named Trinity single-handedly dismantle police and, with supernatural abilities, jump from one rooftop to the next as she made her getaway. One woman in the audience, however, felt cheated?not because she thought the movie was bad, but because, as she shouted in the theatre, ?I wrote that!?

In the mid-1980s, Stewart submitted her manuscripts in response to an ad placed by the Wachowski Brothers requesting new sci-fi works. She had written ?Third Eye? while attending the University of South California Film School, and has held federal copyrights since 1981.

?The Third Eye? is an epic?plotted in the past, present and future?about a woman whose baby is part of a prophecy? or ?The One.? There is also a Terminator-like figure?who comes from the future to protect the baby so that the prophecy is fulfilled. One of the few plot differences is that ?The Third Eye? does not end with ?the chosen one?s? death. There?s another big difference, explained Stewart:

8O
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives

uapo4

• http://
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 02:26:08 AM »
That\'s pretty easy. I am the MATRIX, but some people will not understand. 8)

No, seriously though, I don\'t think Ms. Stewart has a valid case against the Wachowski brothers at all! :?  Check out the amount of money she is sueing for. You\'ve got to be kidding me :x
"Incline Thy ear, O Lord, and hear me: for I am needy and poor" -- Psalm lxxxv. 1

okey

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 03:03:41 AM »
The money issue is secondary. Copyright infringement is the core issue in this case.
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;

okey

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 03:05:11 AM »
Some fans, are unaware of the case or they question its legitimacy, due to the fact that it has received little to no media coverage. Though the case was not made public until October of 2003, Stewart has her own explanation, as quoted at aghettotymz.com:

\"The reason you have not seen any of this in the media is because Warner Brothers parent company is AOL-TimeWarner... this GIANT owns 95 percent of the media... let me give you a clue as to what they own in the media business... New York Times papers/magazines, LA Times papers/ magazines, People Magazine, CNN news, Extra, Celebrity Justice, Entertainment Tonight, HBO, New Line Cinema, Dreamworks, Newsweek, Village Roadshow... and many, many more!...They are not going to report on themselves. They have been suppressing my case for years...\"
===

uapo4

• http://
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 06:37:41 AM »
Well, we will see what comes out of this. I\'m working on suspicion here, which is not a very good thing to begin with, but still October 2003 is a long time from when the first of the Matrix Trilogy was released. I earlier thought that the Wachowski brothers got part of the storyline from a novel written long time ago... :?
"Incline Thy ear, O Lord, and hear me: for I am needy and poor" -- Psalm lxxxv. 1