Author Topic: 50 Cent Forced To Push Up Release Of \'The Massacre\'  (Read 4778 times)

tsly

50 Cent Forced To Push Up Release Of \'The Massacre\'
« on: February 26, 2005, 08:24:32 AM »
Rapper 50 Cent is once again a victim of bootlegging and illegal downloading. The rapper\'s sophomore album, the Massacre, which was scheduled to come out on March 8, turned up online this past Monday (February 21). VH1.com reports that Interscope Records has decided to move up the album\'s release to March 3. This isn\'t the first time that 50 Cent has had to deal with the issue of bootlegging--in 2003, the rapper was also forced to push up the release of his debut album, Get Rich Or Die Tryin\'.

When LAUNCH talked to the rapper before his latest album was leaked, he explained that bootlegging can help if you\'re a new artist, but that it might hurt your sales if you\'re already an established act. The rapper said: \"Like, if you\'re a new artist, it\'s effective. If you\'re an artist that\'s out, established, it\'s probably going to hurt your sales, you know what I mean? But being a new artist, once you get a buzz big enough for them to bootleg you, I think you should be bootlegged as much as possible \'cause I think consistency is the key to all success, so if they consistently hear good music, they\'re not going to feel like it\'s a bad buy when it\'s time to purchase your album.\"

The Massacre includes the controversial song \"Piggy Bank,\" where 50 Cent disses Jadakiss, Ja Rule, Fat Joe, and Nas\' wife Kelis. Fat Joe has already allegedly recorded a response, which will be included on his new album, All Or Nothing, that\'s due in April.

In related news, 50 Cent will begin shooting his semi-autobiographical movie, Locked & Loaded, in April. The film will be directed by Jim Sheridan and will also star Joy Bryant.

tsly

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 08:25:21 AM »
Do you think this is another ploy to sell more records (beef among rappers)???

fresco

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 04:28:11 AM »
Wow... 50 again.... pple r always downloading songs w/o the owners knowledge. i think i know when he was producing the song, MAssacre. as for dissing Nas\' wife, JAdakiss etc.... that na trouble. we quite understand the existed beef btw Ja rule and him but the beef has gone to far. although he has a big mouth know cuz he knows his homes, G-G-G G-unit got is back but who knows whether the real fight begins, whether the gonna be trustedooooo

tsly

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 05:51:27 AM »
i actually thought 50 went too far by talking about Kelis which is directly dissing Nas.
Nas in my opinion is a revolutionary rapper second to none. He always has a message to send across in every song. However, the urge to respond to such a direct attach is so tempting and i feel he will.

I loved the lyrical battle between Jay-Z and NAs, both of them were smart. the sold millions of records, people bought into the hype and the both swashed it like gentlemen. Unlike Tupac and Bigger that ended up 6 feet under.

Personally still question Markaveli - Tupac being dead... that\'s another story to be told.

Do i think it\'s juvenile for 50 to put others out there? Well, that will generate intrest which leads to more record sales. This also triggers responses from those mentionec such as Fat joe, kelis/nas, jada et al.

Then again, in a rap world where they don\'t have much to talk about these days beside cars, money, and *itches.... I do commend those who have tried to put out a positive msg out there such as nas, jada (last album), black eye pea et al

Nuff 4 now

tsly

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 06:55:17 AM »
The feud-loving rapper has three of the top five slots on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart: \"Candy Shop\" at No. 1; \"How We Do,\" his collaboration with The Game, at No. 4; and \"Disco Inferno\" at No. 5.

This comes after a recent fallout between 50 and The Game, which apparently led to gunshots on Monday night. As 50 Cent was inside a radio station announcing that he was kicking Game out of his G-Unit clique, bullets were fired outside the station, wounding one man. More bullets were later fired at the offices of 50\'s management company.

You might remember that 50 Cent built his career on beefs. His first hit song was about how he planned to rob a list of star rappers, and later his record sales climbed as he targeted Ja Rule on wax.

Now 50 is the first artist to hold three of the top five Hot 100 slots since Billboard began using Nielsen and Soundscan data to compile the charts in 1991. \"Candy Shop\" also has been the greatest airplay gainer for five straight weeks.

It\'s no coincidence that 50\'s new album, \"The Massacre,\" hit stores Thursday.

tsly

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 07:01:35 AM »
in my opinion, i think this is a great ploy to see records which he is doing already. However, i think things can get outta hand quickly with all these shootings.

On the other hand, Jada and Fat Joe both have plans of getting back at 50 in upcoming records and mix tapes.

And the saga continues :roll:

tsly

Jadakiss challenge 50 Cent to $1 million Pay-Per-View battle
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 11:53:52 PM »
Last week, Jadakiss released the mixtape song \"Checkmate,\" in response to 50 Cent\'s diss song \"Piggy Bank,\" and now Jadakiss is calling the G-Unit rapper out for a $1 million pay-per-view battle.

Jadakiss told Washington, D.C.-based magazine Tha. Ave., \"O.K., here we go. I challenge 50 right here. You\'re getting it first. I challenge 50 for a million dollars cash on Pay-Per-View in [Las] Vegas. The judges can be Jay-Z, [Dr.] Dre. Whoever he wants can be the judges. A million dollars cash on Pay-Per-View in Vegas. Anywhere, we can do it in Nigeria if he wants to. A million dollars cash on Pay-Per-View.\"

Jadakiss\' official response to 50 Cent, \"Shots Fired,\" will be included on his partner Styles\' next album, Time Is Money, which comes out in May.
? 2005 Y!Music

Honeybunnie

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 08:45:25 AM »
Tsly, I don\'t know if you have gotten the new cd the \'Massacre\', I got it and honestly I don\'t think it\'s as good as it\'s hyped up to be, nothing close to \'Get Rich or Die trying\'. I even prefer Games\'s self titled debut album to it. On a scale of 1 to 10, I\'d give it a 6. Can\'t wait to hear this rebuttal from Jadakiss. I hope it\'s good. I really think fitty\'s pushing it, he needs to chill out, okay so he single handedly almost ended Ja Rule\'s rap career, that doesn\'t mean that he is ready to take on the entire rap world and come out unscathed. I like West coast rap over East coast, but in this MC battle, I\'d be rooting for Jada.

fresco

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 05:14:32 AM »
Abt the CD i never i will buy it and the reason being that I listened to it when my friend got it. Even the cover is threatening to me. when him , the hoodie and the gun...... thats not cool. At the end of the cover, the quick sketch of his opponent, i forgot who it was, shows that he\'s up to sumtin. My friends think that 50 shouldn\'t mess w/ Jada cuz Jada na fire. I think 50 shouldn\'t mess w/ ANYBODY. I heard him and his protege,The Game, call a truce..... Finally, they are teaching sumtin to young black males. I read the whole deal abt who The Game threw up his bullet proof vest and call 50 out for a fight.... sayin he ain\'t scared to die. pls the world is degenerating ooooooo, pple should boycott these music w violence lyrics.

chinelo

• http://
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 02:58:47 PM »
it is what u call it (in different words though)- a marketing strategy and it works all d time.curiousity always gets d better of d audience. but i really agree with d statement dat 50\'s \'get rich or die trying\' is a lot better than \'massacre\'. its too hood for most of us who still have our sensibilities intact.look on d good side of d upcoming battle,it\'ll give em all something to do dis year (things have been a bit drab in d rap scene)
The world is dangerous not because of those who do harm, but because of those who look at it without doing anything -Albert Einstein