Author Topic: Fes?s Other Face  (Read 2559 times)

Prince

Fes?s Other Face
« on: March 17, 2005, 07:37:40 AM »
Fes?s Other Face

Rummaging through the posts of yesteryears, I fell onto this one.  Sir Festus penned it, in admiration of Juice?s poetry.  I really laughed hard.  Why?  Well, I was hard pressed to imagine this kind of flowering lingo emanating from Festus? mouth, with such eloquent flourishes.

I thought I should bring it to your attention.  You may see what I saw or see what I didn?t see.  You may see what I missed or miss what I saw.  Either way, I can?t get myself to contemplate a different side of Fes; the hip side.  

Julius,

I no realize say you was into \'flowetry\' dude and also didn\'t realize you are afrocentric like real kpokpo afrocentric. I am with you all the way. I have published some of my own \'flowetry\' in the form of an anthology but I have not written anything in years - I am as dry as the kalahari right now so please drop some more shit or send me a link cos I am feeling it.

Fes
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)

Chizi

• http://
Fes’s Other Face
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 10:16:29 PM »
Oh my goodness! Prince, where in God\'s earth did you find this?! It\'s astonishing! Are you positive sir Festus is the author? If indeed he is, then he sure is like a prism that reflects different colors from a single white light!
<div>Little minds are subdued by misfortune, but great minds rise by it. <br /></div>

Prince

Fes’s Other Face
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 10:16:55 AM »
Chizi, my dear, na so I see-am oo!  See for yourself.  

On the index page, click the very first category, \"Life At GSSO.\"  Scroll down a little and click \"Poem.\"  In the author column, look for \"Riva.\"

Although the post was placed at user name, Riva, the message was signed, Fes, as Festus sometimes does.  Check it out, see if I\'m wrong.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

Chizi

Fes’s Other Face
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 08:20:40 PM »
Indeed Prince! I checked it out, you were right! I was wondering, have you heard from Sir Fes yet?
<div>Little minds are subdued by misfortune, but great minds rise by it. <br /></div>

Prince

Fes’s Other Face
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »
No, Chizi.  You see, I don\'t even know the man.  I\'ve never had the honor of meeting or speaking with him.  His posts drew me to this place.  Unfortunately, he left before I could register.

If anybody would know, I\'d say Juice and Uzoma.

Chizi

Fes’s Other Face
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 09:35:18 PM »
You know, for some reason I was under the impression that you know him. I know better now.

Prince

Fes’s Other Face
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 10:26:01 AM »
Naaaaw.  Well, at least you are closer than some who think I\'m he.