Author Topic: ENGLISH 101: President G W Bush, Instructor.  (Read 1863 times)

Prince

ENGLISH 101: President G W Bush, Instructor.
« on: March 26, 2005, 06:55:20 AM »

A while ago, there was a post on Bush\'s and Blairs deplorable handling of the English language.  I have tried to locate that post so I can add this.  But having failed, I hope this can stand on its own.

Anyway, Ladies and gentlemen, prepare to be entertained. I\'ll serve you this in batches as the original list is endless.  So, kick back and unwind. On second thought, maybe you should visit the jon first, or you\'re liable to pee on yourself.

WARNING: Just remember to look out for three things:
(1) Statements that do not make any kind of sense.
(2) Statements that indicate that the Pres has no grasp whatsoever of the English Languag
(3) Outright grammatical blunder featuring relentless and merciless mangling that would make JSSers back home feel good about their English.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the President of the United States:- George W. Bush.

\"One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end.\"?Washington, D.C., Jan. 8, 2003

\"After standing on the stage, after the debates, I made it very plain, we will not have an all-volunteer army. And yet, this week?we will have an all-volunteer army. Let me restate that.\"?Daytona Beach, Fla., Oct. 16, 2004

\"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYN\'s aren\'t able to practice their love with women all across the country.\"?Sept. 6, 2004, Poplar Bluff, Mo.

\"They\'ve seen me make decisions, they\'ve seen me under trying times, they\'ve seen me weep, they\'ve seen me laugh, they\'ve seen me hug. And they know who I am, and I believe they\'re comfortable with the fact that they know I\'m not going to shift principles or shift positions based upon polls and focus groups.\" ?Interview with USA Today, Aug. 27, 2004

\"I didn\'t join the International Criminal Court because I don\'t want to put our troops in the hands of prosecutors from other nations. Look, if somebody has done some wrong in our military, we\'ll take care of it. We got plenty of capability of dealing with justice.\"?Niceville, Fla., Aug. 10, 2004

\"So community colleges are accessible, they\'re available, they\'re affordable, and their curriculums don\'t get stuck. In other words, if there\'s a need for a certain kind of worker, I presume your curriculums evolved over time.\"?Niceville, Fla., Aug. 10, 2004

\"Tribal sovereignty means that, it\'s sovereign. You\'re a?you\'ve been given sovereignty, and you\'re viewed as a sovereign entity. And, therefore, the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities.\"?Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004

\"Secondly, the tactics of our?as you know, we don\'t have relationships with Iran. I mean, that\'s?ever since the late \'70s, we have no contacts with them, and we\'ve totally sanctioned them. In other words, there\'s no sanctions?you can\'t?we\'re out of sanctions.\"?Annandale, Va., Aug. 9, 2004

\"I mean, if you\'ve ever been a governor of a state, you understand the vast potential of broadband technology, you understand how hard it is to make sure that physics, for example, is taught in every classroom in the state. It\'s difficult to do. It\'s, like, cost-prohibitive.\"?Washington, D.C., June 24, 2004 (Thanks to Michael Shively.)
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)

chinelo

• http://
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 03:41:36 PM »
ewooo, nwoke madu a konyegom confusion n ishi (the man\'s grammar is totally confusing). wow, i mean utter rubbish man. enyi, where on earth do u get this kind of info, it should be classified. on the other hand its cool to know that is not only obj dat tabons (murders english)
The world is dangerous not because of those who do harm, but because of those who look at it without doing anything -Albert Einstein

Prince

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 07:13:58 PM »
In another post, I believe under business, Sly related how Pres Obasanjo was publicly tossing Yoruba and Broken like it was ceasar\'s salad.  This probably gave him the courage.  

To think that this guy went to Yale.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

Honeybunnie

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 08:05:40 PM »
Bush is a classic example of \"Presidents Gone Bad\". Where the heck did he come up with all this stuff, even my kid brother can correct all that he is blabbing in all this. I remember hearing the one about the OBGYNs, I was watching it LIVE, and when I heard that, a dapuru m na ochi (I laughed my a** off). Someone needs to check up on his credentials, if going to Yale produces this kind of leader, I doubt I\'ll be stumping for anyone who graduates from there.

Prince

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 08:34:57 PM »
His family was and still is noxiously rich.  If you want to retain your tenure as a President of a University, you better jump when they bark.  His schooldays were less than colorful.  As an examplary student, his comportment left a lot to be desired.  You couldn\'t wish him on your enemy.  The Republicans made a big deal of Clinton\'s pot smoking.  Nobody seamed to care about W\'s pot and drinking binges.  He was a problem child.  Nobody can say that of Clinton.  You know the apple doesn\'t fall far from the tree.  Compare Chelsea and the Bush girls.

objobj

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 07:56:26 PM »
i don\'t how i could\'ve missed this post. anytime am in a sad mood, iread bushism any always laugh my butt off. here are some more
\"I\'ve got a reason for running. I talk about a larger goal, which is to call upon the best of America. It\'s part of the renewal. It\'s reform and renewal. Part of the renewal is a set of high standards and to remind people that the greatness of America really does depend on neighbors helping neighbors and children finding mentors. I worry. I\'m very worried about, you know, the kid who just wonders whether America is meant for him. I really worry about that. And uh, so, I\'m running for a reason. I\'m answering this question here and the answer is, you cannot lead America to a positive tomorrow with revenge on one\'s mind. Revenge is so incredibly negative. And so to answer your question, I\'m going to win because people sense my heart, know my sense of optimism and know where I want to lead the country. And I tease people by saying, \'A leader, you can\'t say, follow me the world is going to be worse.\' I\'m an optimistic person. I\'m an inherently content person. I\'ve got a great sense of where I want to lead and I\'m comfortable with why I\'m running. And, you know, the call on that speech was, beware. This is going to be a tough campaign.\" ~ ;Interview with the Washington Post, March 23, 2000

\"It\'s clearly a budget. It\'s got a lot of numbers in it.\"--Reuters, May 5, 2000

\"I think it\'s important for those of us in a position of responsibility to be firm in sharing our experiences, to understand that the babies out of wedlock is a very difficult chore for mom and baby alike. ... I believe we ought to say there is a different alternative than the culture that is proposed by people like Miss Wolf in society. ... And, you know, hopefully, condoms will work, but it hasn\'t worked.\" ~ ;Meet the Press, Nov. 21, 1999

\"I think anybody who doesn\'t think I\'m smart enough to handle the job is underestimating.\" ~ ;U.S. News & World Report, April 3, 2000
I am too Blessed to be Stressed

tsly

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 08:31:35 AM »
Here are more funny clips and quotes

http://www.dubyaspeak.com/
There\'s an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it\'s in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once -- shame on -- shame on you. You fool me, you can\'t get fooled again.
-- East Literature Magnet School, Nashville, Tennessee, Sep. 17, 2002
http://mp3.dubyaspeak.com/foolmeonce.mp3

http://mp3.dubyaspeak.com/whatwewant.mp3
http://mp3.dubyaspeak.com/1953.mp3
http://mp3.dubyaspeak.com/perpetuated.mp3