Author Topic: April Fool\'s Day "Hacking"  (Read 3262 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • http://www.gsso.net
April Fool\'s Day "Hacking"
« on: April 01, 2005, 11:51:46 PM »
Dear Users,

This site was NOT hacked. The security on this site is sophisticated enough to eliminate most hacking tries if not all.

The anti-hacking department of the Administrators decided to play an April Fool\'s Day prank and make a laughter. A number of users contacted us about the situation. We commend them and are grateful for the care.

With that being said, any future messages that suggest a hacking operation should be taken seriously and reported to webmaster@gsso.net

Thank you.
- GSSO.NET admins

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 11:53:21 PM »
Share your experiences and what your thoughts were when you thought GSSO.NET was down due to hacking. We have selected the best response to post here as soon as the user approves.

Honeybunnie

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 12:11:47 AM »
Funny thing is I never thought it was down, I signed in this morning, and I was looking around at the Old Boys Directory, and when I wanted to head back to the homepage it said the site has been hacked, I think that message is still there. If only I had tried signing on when you guys had the real thing going.....Good one though!!!

Prince

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 02:28:27 AM »
Hb, you think this is funny, just wait until you\'ve seen who the best responder is, and why.  You, then, can really let it out.
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)

Susia

• http://
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 02:41:14 AM »
Funny kwa?? that was not funny at the time..... I tried to log on abt 11.00am est and i was like what the hell.... the notice read \"Your site has been hacked\".

I didn\'t know what to do..i emailed a few pple to let them know of the situation not knowing admin was playing an April fool day prank...I even forgot today was April 01.

Biko..i cant wait to know who the best responder was.
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 03:21:37 AM »
With pleasure, we announce that the best \"panic\" response to this prank goes to Prince. Below is his message to us:
Quote from: \"Admin\'s Email\"

Dear Admin,

I logged on to gsso.net this morning to find that my computer has been hacked through your server.  I don\'t know what\'s going on there, would you care to explain?

If you don\'t want me on your site, the prudent thing to do would be, notify me of your decision, with an explanation.  I can remove myself from your membership or instruct my computer not to open your site.

Certainly, there is a necessity for an explanation.  You have ONE HOUR to provide that explanation before I notify the appropriate authorities.  As you can see, I already have a suspect and a co-conspirator.

If you or you agent originated this invasion, and if it is not remedied, I will utilize any and every avenue possible, including but not limited to legal action and publishing this site, wherever I can, as a site that collects peoples\' information for malicious purposes.

Thank you

Prince.  

Honeybunnie

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 03:29:20 AM »
Laughing as Hard as Possible....Oh My Goodness, Prince you really deserve that award. This is hilarious, there is no way that anyone wouldn\'t want you on here, without you, this site really wouldn\'t happen as much, the best part is the beginning

Quote from: \"Prince\"
I logged on to gsso.net this morning to find that my computer has been hacked through your server.

I cannot control my laughter biko, Prince this letter should be given the award of funniest of the year.....It should be placed among the sites best articles or something.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .....TOO DAMN FUNNY....

I can\'t believe I missed the main hacking part when logging in, DAMN!!!

Honeybunnie

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 03:44:06 AM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Prince idikwa egwu, conspirators as well....Even with a \"ONE HOUR\" condition.....chei, This is best laughter I\'ve had all day...Thank you so much!

By the way did I mention how funny the part of instructing the computer not to venture to the gsso.net site.....

okey

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 03:48:50 AM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: That was funny. I was literally rolling on the floor while reading this...

It will be interesting to hear how others felt. I was at work when I got word of the hacking.
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives

okey

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2005, 03:51:04 AM »
It will be interesting to know of other successful pranks.
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives

Susia

• http://
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2005, 03:52:20 AM »
ROTFLMAO
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

Prince

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2005, 03:59:01 AM »
To All You Members And Friends Of GSSO Site
This is yours truely DECLARING, on the podium, that

((((((((((((((I HAVE BEEN HAD.))))))))))))))

Now, you know that I stop at nothing to be the best I can be.

Even in the reverse order,
I AM STILL NUMBER ONE.
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)