Author Topic: Life @ GSSO  (Read 6145 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • http://www.gsso.net
Life @ GSSO
« on: April 14, 2003, 07:49:05 PM »
Life @ GSSO

I don\'t know if you all remember back in school when class prefects (cp) used to write names of noise makers for so called senior boys or senior prefects (sp) when they come into our classes. Okay, i can\'t get the story right with regular english. In get time way senior boys go come into your class and they go ask cp for names of noise makes. Umm! umm! umm! if say cp no write any or the list no dey enough, them go flog em tiya.

Obi

okey

Life @ GSSO
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 07:17:10 AM »
It feels really nice when one thinks on these stories. Stories like these, one can only experience them back home because of the cultural differences.

I still remember more fond stories from when i was in seminary school and government college.

I tell you, the hard manual labor was something else
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives

Honeybunnie

Life @ GSSO
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 07:21:17 AM »
You know I didn\'t go to GSSO, but I think the treatments were the same at most schools. In my high sch, we would get punished and our punishment would be to cut the grasses (weeding) growing on a big parcel of land, and you can imagine how tough it was in a place up north, Abuja. We\'d get suspensions, and detention times for eating indomie noodles, digestive biscuits etc which were contraband. Had to share, the memories are worth more than a million.

Susia

• http://
Life @ GSSO
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 08:52:03 AM »
Yea, life in high school in 9ja was fun. Could u imagine being on the list of noise makers, i mean u done for the day. i think it was easier as a day student than as a boarder, cos for day students, u leave @2.00pm and dont have to see the seniors till the next morning as opposed to boarders, u live with this pple. I remember one day i made that list, i had to sweep the whole dormitory, mind you we had like five big houses, Men!!!!!, i cant forget that day. its easier sweeping an area without much obstructions, i had to bend \"real\" down, move buckets of water underneath the bunks, move shoes, travelling bags ect under the bunk so as to reach in cos these seniors will come inspect the houses after u done sweeping. Cutting grass was easier if u had a sharp knife, but they will give u a blunt knife and the toughest grass to cut. I hated the early morning sports on saturday morning, had to wake up at 5.00am to do sports in \"uguru\". I always went to my school mother\'s bunk and hid there, one day i got caught by the games prefect and my school mother lied that i was sick.
School life was great!!!!!!!!!!!.
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

chizor

Life @ GSSO
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 03:45:40 AM »
hey susia did u go to fggc owerri? i was the games prefect at some point and may have been the one that caught you :wink:
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn\'t seem quite so funny.
--Jack Handey,

Susia

Life @ GSSO
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 05:59:05 AM »
lol @chizor, No i didn\'t go to FGGCowerri. So you were one of them seniors that used to come around to the hostel and chase pple around to go do games or sports. i love sports in the evening not in the morning(early ) wen there is \"uguru\"
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

Honeybunnie

Life @ GSSO
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 08:42:45 AM »
I hated having to wake up in the mornings for those work outs. And then during the times before Independence day, we\'d have to get up at 5am to practice our march-past that we\'d put on at the Independence parade, It sucked.

uapo4

Life @ GSSO
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 11:03:14 AM »
I loved life at GSSO. Everytime I put on the school uniform, it made me feel like Superman. I mean this literally, because I could remember once I was having a slight fever. When I put on my uniform that morning and went to school, the fever was hardly noticeable...don\'t ask me how, but it happened.

Regarding one of our teachers called NINJA at the time, I used to have this fascination that he was a true ninja and possessed superior martial skills. That guy terrorized boys in school with his punishments. Life @GSSO to me was awesome.

Lastly, this should be the post that makes me an \"Ultimate Member\" here :wink:
"Incline Thy ear, O Lord, and hear me: for I am needy and poor" -- Psalm lxxxv. 1

objobj

Life @ GSSO
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 02:22:53 AM »
I think everyone in here will agree with me that if there one stage of our livies that we\'ll live over....it\'ll be secondary school stage. except class one. class one at gsso in the seventies was no joke. how many of you slept under a senior boy\'s bed the whole nite. the next day he forgot you and went to class. then came another senior boy.....

me/myself and i: onyia please, can i go to class?
onyia please: chineke!! what are you doing there?
me/myself and i: ajulu please told me to sleep under his bed
onyia please: when?
me/myself and i: last nite.
onyia please: chineke! latin don\'t commot for mensa. so, you have not eaten brakefast?
me/myself and i: yes please.

just then ajulu please walks in

ajulu please: eee wuooo, i no remember say the oonyii still dey under my bed oh.
onyia please: he hasn\'t even eaten brakefast:
ajulu please: i get garri and peak milk, he can have some
onyia please: oonyii, have some of this groudnuts too.
me/myself and i: thank you please.

you can never be angry for something like that. you just can\'t waite for the school year to end. next time i\'ll tell you guys how i became the first ogssian to represent nigeria in any sports.
I am too Blessed to be Stressed

Honeybunnie

Life @ GSSO
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 03:15:57 AM »
Oh OBj, sorry oh, I wonder did you guys have school fathers etc. I remember I had a school mother all through junior years in high school, and my school mother was a house prefect in ss2 and then the asst headgirl in ss3, I enjoyed, always got away with anything, didn\'t have to serve too much punishments like my mates. But after she left, I would never forget when one stupid senior asked me to go under her bed and start catching mosquitoes. She even asked that I keep a count and inform her. Girls are so heartless when it comes to punishment, I tell you. The worst punishment I had to serve for a prank I and some friends had pulled, was to stand and call the wall, while the seniors sat in a chair and watched us. My best friend who was serving the punishment with us, fell and acted like she had fainted after we had been calling the wall for about 15 minutes non-stop, under the sun if I may add. The whole school made a big hoopla about it, and the seniors were given suspension from school, it was so sweet. After that, them senior had to be careful the way they punished people.

edoki

Life @ GSSO
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2005, 11:01:53 PM »
This reminds me of my late principal, Mr. S.N.D Ebonine. He always spoke of how time flies. It is now almost 20 years I left Govt Sec. and his words are resounding in my ears.

Life at GSSO was full of  great memories. I will always be greatful to God attending such school.

Another man that terorised the school in my time with a good influence was Mr. Nwadike alias Majista Tan tita. Wao!  we saw him as the whole Nelkon and Abort Physics texts. He taught sciences as if he wrote them.

What a great life experience!

Edoki.
Fulfillment comes in serving God and humanity.

Edoki.

sly

Life @ GSSO
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 11:55:33 PM »
Heeeeeeeiiiiiii!!!!Mr Nwadike was a terror. He taught us Intro Tech in J.S.S.3 We usually called him Friction or electromagnetic charges which his son later inherited as a nickname. U dare not talk or sleep in his class or else he will make u stand on ur chair. He goes like this ,hey what is ur name? Common will u stand on ur chair so that when u fall u wiiiiilllllll craaaaash lannnd. He always exposed his set of 36 while talking for no reason. He made his tests diffficult so that everybody feared him and his office was right next to shaki
*****Accept criticism with a spirit of gratitude. Ego tripping is the dance of fools and has no place in the pursuit of excellence.*****
*****Michael Grant*****