Author Topic: ALL About our MOTHERS: Stories, Lessons (Add Yours)  (Read 4167 times)

Honeybunnie

ALL About our MOTHERS: Stories, Lessons (Add Yours)
« on: April 30, 2005, 10:56:39 AM »
With mother\'s day just a week away, I think our MAMAs deserve a place on this forum. Be sure to include any stories relating to your mom, any features you got from your mom (good and bad), the foods she makes best (Does she really make them all so well?), any lesson that you\'ve learned from her, be sure to include when she put peppe in your eye... :wink:  and to be impartial, tell us what you did to make her so mad! I\'ll start with my mom\'s cooking.

My mama makes the best \"ofe ukazi\" soup in the entire world. I am telling you, when you eat it, you\'ll not want to leave our house, and she does have a secret to it, which she obviously has passed on to us. I remember as kids, we never liked eating eba, but on the day that she makes ukazi soup, we\'d all be waiting to get our lunch. She makes it with all the ngwo-ngwos included. And she also makes the best ugba, all my uncles would always look forward to coming to our house every sunday for ugba , with okporoko, kpomo, really big cray fish.....Just thinking about all this is making me hungry....Seriously!!!

sly

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 11:32:43 AM »
I will forever be grateful to my mom who instilled in me a lot of discipline. My mom used to be a principal and had different types of canes( mostly the ones called ana that is very flexible) for various offences committed. She would always tell me to kneel down whenever I committed an offence and then lock the door before she descends on me. She also made good dishes of which my favourite was egusi soup with garri. The egusi soup was always thick with little or no water in it and I loved it so much. Matter of fact I learnt how to cook from my mom and I tell u, it saves me a lot of money. Most of all, she taught me how to be conservative (moderate;cautious) And I sure will never forget how she always stood by my bedside, praying and caressing me whenever I was sick (motherly love). I love u mom.
*****Accept criticism with a spirit of gratitude. Ego tripping is the dance of fools and has no place in the pursuit of excellence.*****
*****Michael Grant*****

Honeybunnie

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 06:34:36 PM »
People say that I get my smile and some of my voice from my mama. Sometimes my friends call me and think they are talking to me when my mom picks up the phone.

Every sunday morning as a kid and even now when I visit, when my mom\'s preparing for church she\'s always singing all these songs that we\'re so used to now, it\'s part of sunday morning tradition, even if/when she\'s making breakfast.

fresco

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 08:55:33 PM »
My mom helped me alot when i\'m sick. I remember a time in najia when i got sick for a year and i didn\'t attend school cuz of that. I used to vomit every time i put something in my mouth, nothing ever get passed by esophagus w/out getting out. She was the person that cleaned everything for me. My other siblings will deserted me but she didn\'t.  The other thing was how she got ma back whenever i\'m in trouble w/ somebody regardless of who is the aggressor. Whether i was the aggressor, she would make up something to blame my opponent. The other thing is fashion in the traditional sense. I mean it was from her that i learned how to design clothing w/ laces and how to do head-tie, as she calls it, with the ends hanging up.

sly

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 04:55:28 AM »
People always tell me that I look like ma mom. I\'m my moms favourite even though I\'m not the last kid.She gives me support in everything that I do and will always vouch for me no matter the situation.( Blood is thicker than water)
*****Accept criticism with a spirit of gratitude. Ego tripping is the dance of fools and has no place in the pursuit of excellence.*****
*****Michael Grant*****

Honeybunnie

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 05:22:56 AM »
My mom is a nurse and she has her own practice, and I would always want to get sick when I was a kid, so I wouldn\'t go to school, I would stay home all day with my mom and she\'d make me special foods for sick people, like Yam in hot pepper soup. Those were the times man! My mama is so funny also, she is so not into electronics, Whenever we get a new gadget at home, she\'s always the last person to know how to work it, I\'m talking like maybe 7 months after it\'s been sitting there, she\'d always get one of us to work them for her, with the exception of her kitchen gadgets. She\'s a pro with those ones.

chizor

• http://
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 09:56:46 PM »
\"Sweet mother\" (as i always call her)

she\'s the one person i can count on 100% of the time. one person i know will always be there when i need her. always willing to make sacrifices, put her self out for me, no matter the situation. nothing is too big or too small for her to do.Shes got a heart of gold and an unselfish love. the love of a mother.....hm...nothing beats that!
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn\'t seem quite so funny.
--Jack Handey,

Honeybunnie

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 12:45:56 AM »
One thing I love about my mom is how she relays certain messages concerning me to my popsie especially when I did something wrong, because if she didn\'t relay them properly, at those times, my head would have been sitting on a tray.  She knows how to calm him down, and make him see things a different way when we get in trouble so our punishment isn\'t that great.

fresco

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 01:49:39 AM »
Yeah... My mom does same. There was a time me and my father don\'t talk for almost a year cuz he thinks he\'s right in every situation and never buy other people\'s views. He upset me by criticizing whatever I did so it was my mom who then restall both our relationship back. Now we never bring that up.