Author Topic: mother-in-law dies  (Read 3388 times)

objobj

mother-in-law dies
« on: September 24, 2005, 08:47:10 AM »
A man, his wife, and his mother-in-law went on vacation to
the Holy Land. While they were there, the mother-in-law
passed away.

The undertaker told them, \"You can have her shipped home for
$5,000, or you can bury her here in the Holy Land for
$150.00.\"

The man thought about it and told him he would just have her
shipped home.

The undertaker asked, \"Why would you spend $5,000 to ship
your mother-in-law home, when it would be wonderful to have
her buried here and spend only $150.00?\"

The man replied, \"A man died here 2,000 years ago, was
buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead. I
just can\'t take that chance.\"
I am too Blessed to be Stressed

okey

Re: mother-in-law dies
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 09:34:02 PM »
Quote from: \"objobj\"

The man replied, \"A man died here 2,000 years ago, was
buried here, and three days later he rose from the dead. I
just can\'t take that chance.\"

That was cold!

Meanwhile, on a related topic, why are mother-law gravely hated and potrayed as \"evil\"
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives

Susia

• http://
mother-in-law dies
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 04:49:17 PM »
@ oKEy... in reference to your question....because a handful of them are evil. What every woman prays for is not only to marry a loving husband but also a loving mother-inlaw because...you could have a loving husband but his mother would make you see hell here on earth.
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

uapo4

• http://
mother-in-law dies
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 03:53:52 AM »
Quote from: \"Susia\"
@ oKEy... in reference to your question....because a handful of them are evil. What every woman prays for is not only to marry a loving husband but also a loving mother-inlaw because...you could have a loving husband but his mother would make you see hell here on earth.

Haba, nwanne mmadu (Igbo), Susia...menene wannan? (Hausa) :twisted:
I think this stuff with mother-in-law vs wife has a lot to do with myth.  Of course, there\'s some truth.  However, we\'ve got to remember that every wife will one day, by God\'s grace, be a mother-in-law. So how\'s it then that the supposed wife who complained about her mother-in-law will later become the subject of complaint by her daughter-in-law (wife of her son)?  Personally, I think all wife-to-be should go into marriage with an open mind and not PRESUME that her mother-in-law will most likely be evil (I\'ll advise to be wary of such a woman)...that way, it\'s easier to see things reasonably rather than seeing ideas from her mother-in-law as being against her always.  Of course, the man has got to define along with his wife the boundaries of how much the relatives can interfere in their life together and realize that the WIFE is most important once he\'s married, not the mother; of course, the mother is still very important but the wife counts as #1 before anyone else - it\'s a DIVINE relationship :D  Finito :wink:
"Incline Thy ear, O Lord, and hear me: for I am needy and poor" -- Psalm lxxxv. 1