Author Topic: 2006 Reunion. Have Ur Say  (Read 4597 times)

sly

2006 Reunion. Have Ur Say
« on: April 08, 2006, 11:52:55 PM »
Personally, I think the timing of this years reunion is very poor. Its less than three months to the D-day and we are just now finding out. First, the issue of changing the reunion from the usual labour day wknd in september to June was never discussed. This makes it difficult for some of us who already have other things planned within/throughout the year. Knowing the country we live in, things are usually planned ahead of time and our yearly reunion should not be an exception if the aim is for everybody to attend. I dont know how successful this years reunion will be bcos I dont think a lot of people will attend even though the venue will be a nice one-New Jersey/New York. \"( personal opinion)\" Chizor Nwosu is getting married on the 3rd of june and Kelechi Ohaebosim\'s sister as well as Uzo from Maryland will be doing the same a week after Chizors wedding. Some of us, myself inclusive will be attending both weddings in june and dont think it will be possible to attend the reunion since all of them are in June. These weddings have been schedulled since the last reunion or at least by dec 2005 and various individuals have made plans to attend. As much as everybody wants to attend the reunion it will be unfair not to honor the invitations to these weddings that have been longed planned for in an effort  to attend the reunion. It will be nice if the reunion can be postponed to a later date to give those who wish to attend the opportunity to do so with proper planning and thereafter make it known that the reunion will now be held in the mid of the year as opposed to the later part of the year at least 6 months in advance. Personally I will be attending both weddings like I said earlier as it will be another form of reunion. My making it to this years reunion will be dependent on whether the time is changed or not
*****Accept criticism with a spirit of gratitude. Ego tripping is the dance of fools and has no place in the pursuit of excellence.*****
*****Michael Grant*****

fagin

• http://
Ada a.k.a FAGIN
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 06:07:09 AM »
In my own opinion, i think this reunion is going to be a superb reunion due to the fact it\'s going to be held in the summer as oppose to the labor day weekend in September. I have a feeling that this reunion was moved to the summer due to the hurricane season and at the same time people must have gone back to school at that time also. Attending both the MCR \'04 in MD and the \'05 in TX, i had maddd/soooo much fun because i had the opportunity to mingle and at the same time, met both old, new, and lost friends.

I am not trying to discourage anyone and my mission here is not to discourage anyone either. I know definitely that i\'m going to miss the reunion especially the cruise 4 sure. I wish i could attend this 3rd reunion but unfortunately, i will not be able to make it because of the weddings during the first and second week of June which i planned on attending since late dec/early jan of this yr. This wedding is going to be like another reunion because mostly gsso and ojimgbo members will be there for the weddings that first and second week in TX.

I wish i could make it to both TX n NY/NJ in the same month but honestly \"owu na asa m\" and at the same time i have to be in 9ja land b4 or during the xmas season. For those of you attending the NY/NJ reunion and for those of you whose first time will be this METRO reunion, have fun, take loads and loads of pics and please don\'t forget to share them on both the gsso and ojimgbo website so at least we can take a look.

I bet yall.....The reunion is worth attending!!!!.
"The first and final kiss is the one that creates the ultimate symphony of love"

onyii

• http://ogss.tripod.com/
new jersey/new york reunion
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 07:21:10 AM »
\"onye nkea n\'ekwu nkea, onye nkea n\'ekwu ihe ozo.............am totally confused\"...............actually am on sly\'s side cause i wasn\'t aware of the change of date for the reunion cause i assumed it was labor day weekend like it was in the past........

but what actually threw me off is the date cause honestly am still recovering from naija and 3 months isn\'t enough for me to get stuff together and get ready for the reunion............. yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, i know u\'ll say jersey isn\'t far from md, but is not the distance is just that july 4th is a big holiday and plans have already been made.........i can always switch my schedule and try and make it but then i have to sacrifice a lot of other family events and engagements........

anyways, reunion organizers abeg.........let  me know why the date wasn\'t discussed or put up to be voted on??????????

because of these, my girls might not even make it and i don\'t know about that??????????????????????? :(
\"My duty is to my heart\"

nwoga1

• http://
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 11:03:56 PM »
as sly said, ppl have already made plans to attend these weddings which has been in planning since last year\'s reunion in houston. i have made my plans and booked my flight ready for that day (chizor\'s wedding). first, i don\'t even know who these new MCR officers are, nor who is organising this year\'s reunion. i started making my summer plans since last year and to throw this reunion inpromptu will greatly disrupt my schedule. as the working class know, it\'s hard to ask your boss for a vacation or time off in such a short notice. chizo\'s wedding as mentioned by others will be like another reunion which will compensate for those who would not make it to the reunion. north jersey/ new york may be only 3 1/2 hours drive from maryland but it\'s not the distance that matters, it is the time period with which the event was planned as well as the the time period with which the info was made available to other alumni. does it occur to these \"event planners\" that some of the alumni are still students who may need more time to come up with the expenses associated with this event? i mean, not only do we have to pay for the flight/bus/gas(for those driving), some ppl may not have friends who live around and thus may need a hotel room. others (we ladies) might need to do some shopping for the sunday cruise since there\'s now an official \"dress code\". we also have to buy some sort of meal during that period as the event does not provide three square meals for the attendees.
i think these organisers have to think more prudently and should have anticipated these concerns before scheduling this event. this year\'s might be a fall out guys. (i\'m not hating).

ugbobaby

respond
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 12:25:04 AM »
:o
I am not attending this year\'s reunion so I guess I am not affected in anyway. Still, I will urge the organizers of this reunion/administrators to respond to all these views and reach a decision. I understand that it will be hard or even impossible to alter the dates/period of this year\'s reunion since all the events have already been scheduled and booked.
But if the oganizers of this reunion are alumni of GSSO and OGGS, does it not imply that they should be aware of the weddings of their ex classmates? I am only wondering how they were oblivious of these upcoming events if all other alumni are aware and even planning to attend.
I know that those of you who reside in NY/NJ are estatic about hosting this yr\'s reunion; but y\'all should also be considerate of your ex classmates and understand that there are more students still (in the metro reunion) than there are workers; consider also the fact that you would want the event to be packed full with people you know and don\'t know and not just the latter.
Let\'s just wait and see and not be quick to conclude that this yr\'s will be a flop \"cos some people may not make it
But admin, am sure you\'ll want as much alumni as possible to attend and this might be impossible since most of the alumni have their own schedule for the summer, some have already stated that they have made plans for two alumni\'s weddings, so u have to resolve this cos these weddings will also be kinda a reunion for these skuuls since most peeps are attending

chinma

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 09:00:19 AM »
i\'m attending chizo\'s wedding and also the wedding in maryland, and the reunion in NY/NJ. it\'s possible if you want it to be possible. life is a risk, lets just give  july 4th weekend a chance..

UzoLance

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 04:23:16 PM »
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Hight and Age doesnt depict Maturity.

signopago

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 05:48:11 PM »
$$ yeah, Chinma, i love you meennnnn!
It\'s beautiful to love and be loved.

Amaka

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 01:19:30 AM »
Chinma you go grul!!! showing them how it\'s done... lol

ugbobaby

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 04:15:18 AM »
:lol:
DAMN!!!!!!!!! you whatz so funny y\'all? every1\'s summer vac revolves round these weddings and the reunion. Is there nothing more out there? Huh? No jiving round europe, no visitin nija etc
am done with arguin and hollerin on admin to change this and that; i just have three choices to present to y\'all- attend both the weddings and the reunion, attend either, or attend neither.anywayz, peeps are still gonna catch fun, afterall its NY we are talking about.
No more gists about dates and places aiight, let\'s all relax, i think admin must be deafened by all our complaints by now
gotta go y\'all and post pixs when the time is right (LoL)

(hope i brightened some peeps up with ma tone of sarcasm)

afrq

• http://owerrigirls.net
RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ASAP
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 10:13:37 PM »
Hurry and reserve your hotel as soon as possible in order to get the reduced rate.  The hotel can hold rooms at this rate until tomorrow, Friday the 16th.  If you intend on staying at the reunion hotel, you will save a lot of money by reserving your hotel ASAP

FOR MORE INFORMATION, GO TO http://HTTP://GSSO.NET/REUNION2006
Ojimgbo/OGSS 4 ever!!!!