Author Topic: Should Muslim women be allowed to wear their veils  (Read 3795 times)

BONDLINCOLN19

Should Muslim women be allowed to wear their veils
« on: October 26, 2006, 04:16:42 PM »
A muslim woman is campigning for her right to wear her veil in a classromm...kids teacher...However a BA worker was sacked because she wore a crucifix on her neck.  Surely this double standards has to end sometime...Are muslims becoming overly sensitive in this day and age...Surely we are allowed to express ourselves without being accused of \'islamophobia\'.  Jerry springer made a joke out of xtians but we took it well and didnt burn down anything.  What would have happened if Mohammed was thebutt of Jerry\'s Joke? Yeah there were cartoons...so what...it s all about freedom of speech and if you dont like it then you should really be able to look away....

Isnt freedom of speech the right for me to insult others and the right for others to insult me...If your conscience allows it obviously!!!

Your thoughts please

okey

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 05:50:56 AM »
I think if we have mutual respect for all cultures, it will be a starting point for everyone to co-exist.

However, there is a fine gray line and a tolereance limit. The biggest problem now is WHO draws that line?
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives

ugbobaby

Re: Should Muslim women be allowed to wear their veils
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 09:43:02 AM »
Quote from: \"BONDLINCOLN19\"
A muslim woman is campigning for her right to wear her veil in a classromm...kids teacher...However a BA worker was sacked because she wore a crucifix on her neck.  Surely this double standards has to end sometime...Are muslims becoming overly sensitive in this day and age...Surely we are allowed to express ourselves without being accused of \'islamophobia\'.  Jerry springer made a joke out of xtians but we took it well and didnt burn down anything.  What would have happened if Mohammed was thebutt of Jerry\'s Joke? Yeah there were cartoons...so what...it s all about freedom of speech and if you dont like it then you should really be able to look away....

Isnt freedom of speech the right for me to insult others and the right for others to insult me...If your conscience allows it obviously!!!

Your thoughts please

What I don\'t like about THESE MUSLIM peeps is that they are intolerant of other religions and cultures but they expect others to be open minded to their beliefs and practises; they are two-faced if you ask me

uapo4

• http://
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 12:16:18 AM »
Without really picking on a religion now, I want to hit on the freedom of speech a bit.  Personally, I think that people should use common sense in speaking freely.  I think it was Winston Churchill who said \"I won\'t necessarily agree with you, but I will defend your every right to say it\" (not exact on the quote).

Now, this is a good start, but we should also know that many people react to what you tell them too.  Sometimes, these reactions are beyond what one expects.  If we use common sense, we\'ll tone down on somethings we know surely will hurt people deeply. I\'m not saying don\'t state your mind, but know what the purpose is.  For instance, there\'s a difference between calling a religion a sham and stating that a serial killer is living in sin and will get his/her punishment in due time.

Obviously, I\'ve mentioned the simple case, but my point is that people need to know that the RIGHT to freedom of speech also carries with it the RESPONSIBILITY to live up to.  Often times, it seems that people talk about the RIGHT, but ignore the RESPONSIBILITY.
"Incline Thy ear, O Lord, and hear me: for I am needy and poor" -- Psalm lxxxv. 1