Poll

Would you attend a GSSO reunion if held in Nigeria ( in December )

YES
8 (66.7%)
MAYBE
3 (25%)
NO
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: March 09, 2007, 06:11:04 PM

Author Topic: GSSO REUNION IN NIGERIA - DECEMBER 2007  (Read 9394 times)

TINSQUARED

GSSO REUNION IN NIGERIA - DECEMBER 2007
« on: March 09, 2007, 06:11:04 PM »
I THINK IT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA TO ORGANIZE A MAJOR GSSO REUNION IN NIGERIA PREFERABLY IN DECEMBER. SO, WE ALL CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO AS THE YEAR CLOSES IN.

uapo4

• http://
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 09:24:57 PM »
This will be nice, but it also depends a bit on location.  I guess at this stage, that is not the main concern.  I will support a GSSO reunion as described with my best effort.
"Incline Thy ear, O Lord, and hear me: for I am needy and poor" -- Psalm lxxxv. 1

TINSQUARED

RE: GSSO REUNION - DECEMBER 2007
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 01:14:34 PM »
Guys, you should express your opinion. Do you think that it would be a great idea for us to organize a GSSO REUNION at NIGERIA come DECEMBER 2007? and feel free also to participate in the POLL above.

mitchie

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:06:37 PM »
I will give my full support to hosting OGSSIAN reunion in Nigeria but we must consider that there is always an annual homecoming/National Reunion every March.So if it is not conflicting with the objectives of NEC at home,we can host one in December though it will have mostly the younger old boys(from 1980s upwards) in attendance esp those from abroad.

TINSQUARED

GSSO IN NAIJA REUNION - A POSSIBILITY! 2007
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 07:18:28 PM »
Guys, I think we have to move up to the next stage... which would be to pick a location, date, ideas and what we would want the reunion to look like. At the end of the day, we all are big guys, so we should aim to create a memorable and fun filled REUNION..... Ideas would really be appreciated.
* I may be coming over to US to consult with some of you guys during the summer. The buzz is on..... join in & don\'t miss out. Enjoy !

As always,

The Big Tin.(Obii. GSSO 1996 SET)
jippysmiles@yahoo.co.uk

uluisrare

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 03:38:38 PM »
@ tin: becos u r coming to naija this december u r picking that month...
ok o... at least it was ur idea  :)
where is it holding though?
please not owerri or somewhere off...
maybe lagos or abuja so me too i can blend and please let it be sth organised and fun to attend o, not like a night gig n\'enwe ghi isi na odu...
sth cool and corporate that we cld invite everyone we know for, at a nice location too... (location being the venue)
anyway, u guys do u r thing sha... i wld luv to be there and see the guys that were terrorising us in school  :lol:

TINSQUARED

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 06:28:12 PM »
Yeah, I agree ..... we should choose a good location, ABJ, won\'t be a bad idea....or may be PH. But then the program would have to be fun, classy and well organised. The theme should be cool yet lively.

Keep the ideas flowing and Have a Great Easter!

kenmartins

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 07:05:34 AM »
What re y\'all talking about. If u guys are planning on having a reunion, it better be in owerri where the college is at. Don\'t expect most people like me to either drive or fly to Abuja when most of my family live in owerri and most especially, most of the GSSO old boys live in owerri too.Unless u guys just wanna have the \"AMERICAN GUYS\" only at the reunion which i think is just not rite.

tsly

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 07:44:56 PM »
Quote from: \"kenmartins\"
What re y\'all talking about. If u guys are planning on having a reunion, it better be in owerri where the college is at. Don\'t expect most people like me to either drive or fly to Abuja when most of my family live in owerri and most especially, most of the GSSO old boys live in owerri too.Unless u guys just wanna have the \"AMERICAN GUYS\" only at the reunion which i think is just not rite.

I agree with kenmartins. If we are going to have a reunion in Nigeria, I suggest we do it in Owerri. The school is located in Owerri, and I\'m guessing most people will be back home or around the east in Dec. as opposed to traveling to Abuja.

Let us know how we can help. We definitely need to find ways to get everyone involved.

sly

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 09:45:16 AM »
I agree with Kenmartins and Tsly. It won\'t be a wise idea to host it in Abuja knowing fully well that 99.9% of OGSSIANS are Igbos coupled with the fact that the school is located in Owerri. Who will leave their villa to travel to ABJ during the december period. I think Owerri will be more accessible to everybody.
*****Accept criticism with a spirit of gratitude. Ego tripping is the dance of fools and has no place in the pursuit of excellence.*****
*****Michael Grant*****

mitchie

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 09:14:54 PM »
I think Owerri is the best bet.From these yarns it seems most of u U.S guys have not been home in a while to see how much better Owerri has turned in terms of hospitality.Collage is in owerri, most Ogssians are in Owerri,Proximity from any villa or city to Owerri in December,plus new places in Owerri  where you can have fun should be enough reason to host it there.I hope to see those dreaded seniors again.

akionu

ogssian reunion
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 01:59:19 PM »
An Ogssian reunion in december in nija is a very welcomed idea,but there is a but in it.it is pertenent to say that in as much as the event will not encrouch into the main reunion which is usually held in march, we may as well be interfering in the end of year party of  branches which is popularly known as the family day,held in december.I believe this proposed action will conflict with the norms of the national body which is were we usually draw our reference point from.I remember the association looks down on any activity  they think capable of bringing division within the association.This proposed meeting has already been tagged a reunion without mention to the people in attendance which gives it a whole new meaning.The association encourages CLASS REUNIONS but not a general reunion independent of the association.No doubt that this reunion is geared at having us to look forward to somethinh during christmas,but we should play it by the rules of our national body.But this just me

kenmartins

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 09:36:09 AM »
Can we for once leave politics out of this.
U know most of us here are either in school or have a job that won\'t give us some time off in March. they can have their reunion whenever they want and we can have ours during our little window of oppurtunity in december.

Anyway, u gat to know whose going to make it to Nigeria before u\'ll have a set date.

akionu

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 11:18:52 AM »
you may go on with your reunion but  am  advicing  that you make sure it is well defined in other not to create the impression of a division within the association.And please ken martins,this has nothing to do with politics i believe we all are matured enough now as to follow layed down principles and tradition.the outcome of this reunion thing,may set a new prescedence for the future.I do not believe we should continue in a manner of infantil disorder at this stage of our lives. i ve been at the forfront of ogssian leadership for ten years now which includes campus ,branch and national level.I strongly know that any attempt to baptise this december gatering  a Reunion,may not be acceptable with the national.like i said earlier on the association welcomes set reunions,campus branch reunions,family days and annual reunions.Those of us in the UK will equally like to be part of what ever your doing but please ensure it follows a point of reference which is the ogssian national body.But like i said befor \"Thats just me\"

uluisrare

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 05:48:31 PM »
nhia, we nefer come una don begin fight???? 8O
jokes apart sha, u guys shld chill and plan this thing well so we too can show face and flow.....
 :roll:  :)