Author Topic: Terri Schiavo: They Keep Tinkering With Her Life  (Read 18640 times)

kenmartins

Terri Schiavo: They Keep Tinkering With Her Life
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2005, 06:38:37 AM »
Susia like u said, it should have been resolved by her family but it didn\'t work out. One party wans her dead the other wants her alive. Its quite unfortunate that we human  are deciding on whether one should live or not.
I don\'t see a reason why her feeding tube should be removed.its like stopping the nurses from feeding the old folks in rest homes cos they are old and almost at the point of death.

Prince

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2005, 10:47:53 AM »
Ken, this is slighly different.  Old folks in a home are alive.  This woman is brain dead.  For all intent and purposes, she is a dead woman, kept alive by, not just the feeding tube but also, life support system.  

If you saw her photo when she was vital, and compare it with what we have now, I\'d rather have her dead and remember her as the beautiful babe she used to be.  She\'s not the one wanting to live.  People are forcing her to live.  Who better know her wishes than her husband?
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)

Prince

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2005, 08:44:48 PM »
As you guys may have alredy heard, Congress and their clown, George Bush, have stepped into dog do-do again, in the Terry Schiavo see-saw.  This thing has gone back and forth so many times, I\'m beginning to feel dizzy.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

Honeybunnie

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 03:42:46 AM »
I feel you about getting dizzy....Well, after the hearing, the case was adjourned without a ruling, and the saga continues....

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/03/21/schiavo/index.html

chinelo

• http://
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2005, 03:11:44 PM »
dats like hoping she dies before they make any decisions. euthanasia is really a sticky issue so i don\'t blame d goons for trying to buy time. :roll:
The world is dangerous not because of those who do harm, but because of those who look at it without doing anything -Albert Einstein

Prince

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2005, 05:48:42 PM »
Welcome to the club, Chinelo.  

Yes, she\'s better dead than alive.  life is good but the quality of life is more important.  In Igboland the worst thing one can call another is, \"Ozu,\" \"O di ndu onwu kamma.\" Can anyone think od a better description of Terri\'s condition?.

The politicians, as someone noted earlier, don\'d care a rat\'s hind parts for  Terri.  They are just jousting for position come next election.  This is one of those times when God should intervene and shorten Mrs Chiavo\'s agony.

Prince

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2005, 05:58:13 PM »
Hip... hip-hip-hip... Hurrah!!!

This is a Daniel come to judgment.  I hope this is the end of it.

Judge Won\'t Order Schiavo Tube Reinsertion
Updated: Tuesday, Mar. 22, 2005 - 7:22 AM

By VICKIE CHACHERE: Associated Press Writer

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A federal judge on Tuesday refused to order the reinsertion of Terri Schiavo\'s feeding tube, denying an emergency request from the brain-damaged woman\'s parents.

U.S. District Judge James Whittemore said the 41-year-old woman\'s parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, had not established a \"substantial likelihood of success\" at trial on the merits of their arguments.
http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=104&sid=136317

Honeybunnie

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2005, 07:28:31 PM »
It has finally come to an end, all the fluids in our head can at least settle now from the whole drama.

In the end, death will be so much more peaceful for the poor lady. The politicians were trying to take a personal fight, and turn it into some sort of propaganda. You see, the justice system is always on top of things.

Prince

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2005, 10:00:34 PM »
That is, at least, one thing we have to thank God for: the Justice System.  It doesn\'t have to be led by the nose by the President or Congress.

Prince

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2005, 10:04:08 PM »
Hey, Honeyb, I\'m not so sure I like your new avatar as much as I did the previous one.  That one was easy on my eyes and generaous to my imagination.  But hey, what do I know?  It\'s your avatar.

Honeybunnie

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2005, 10:08:58 PM »
Funny Prince very funny.....but you know I don\'t think I like this new one either, I\'ll be changing it back till I find some other imagination inducing avatar... :wink:

Prince

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2005, 10:35:47 PM »
Thank you-Thank you-Thank you-Thank you-Thank you-Thank you-Thank you.  Now, you\'re cooking!  God bless you.

Susia

• http://
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2005, 10:47:02 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

Honeybunnie

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2005, 08:33:22 PM »
The parents of this woman need to take a chill pill, they have been rejected by the House of Appeals and they are still talking about fighting harder to save their daughter. From the online polls and responses that I have read it is very popular among people to not want to be kept alive by machines which might well have been their daughter\'s wish. The tubes have been removed since friday, and so far it is being estimated that she has about 2 weeks from the day of removal to die.

Then again on the other hand, what if she actually pulls out of this if she is given the chance to live through those tubes. The doctor\'s don\'t think it\'s likely, but miracles have been known to happen. It is just sad because like the parents rightly said, she is being starved to death.

I just pray I am never faced with this kind of moral dilemma.

Prince

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2005, 09:01:26 PM »
Now, Hb, listen and listen good.  If comes a day when I, so incapacitated that I cannot function normally as a human being, doing anything I wanna do; if comes a day when I need help to live; if cames a day when someone has to help me with activities of daily living, pleeeeeeeeezze, kill me.  If you can\'t, hand me my gun or sneak me a capsule of cyanide.  If for any reason, I can\'t swallow, please drop it in my IV.

If you ignore this directive, when I finally die, I won\'t kill you, but I\'ll haunt you till the rest of your days, until you join me in the afterlife.

The same goes for any and every one of you, on this site.  So don\'t tell me you didn\'t hear.  If I should suffer before I die and you guys don\'t speak up, you better not try to open this site, because I\'ll be right there on your screen, staring you in the face.

Yes, I have made this known to my family and in my will.  Juice, you wanna pray, begin to pray now that nothing happens to my will and you guys don\'t have to be called to testify.