Author Topic: BANKING: Nigeria Style  (Read 4863 times)

Prince

BANKING: Nigeria Style
« on: March 29, 2005, 09:41:23 PM »
ICPC flays \"use\" of young ladies by commercial banks (Independent Daily)

Independent and other Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) has said some commercial banks engage in unethical practices ``by using young ladies to woo shareholders to meet the N25 billion capital base\'\'.

The ICPC\'s Education Officer, Ashiru Baba, said this at the Jega 2005 National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)  Orientation Camp in Kebbi State.

He said: ``In a bid to recapitalise to the tune of N25 billion, some banks nowadays engage unqualified and inexperienced young ladies as marketers, to woo big clients.

``Conscious of the targets they have to meet, these young ladies lean on their qualified and experienced colleagues for guidance or go about prostituting in order to attract clients.\'\'

Baba noted that ``such young ladies stand the chances of getting promoted over and above their highly qualified and skilled colleagues, simply because of their ability to use their natural  endowment to woo wealthy clients\'\'.

The ICPC had received numerous petitions relating to corruption, he said, adding that 82 persons were already facing trials in 40 high court cases across the country.
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)

chinelo

• http://
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 02:37:55 PM »
Na true o, even b4 d 25billion deadline was fixed. they\'ll give u very unrealistic targets in an unbelievably short period and leave u to ur fate. nobody tells exactly how to go about it ,u just know and with the perks dat come with meeting ur target, u\'ll be willing to use all d tricks in d book
The world is dangerous not because of those who do harm, but because of those who look at it without doing anything -Albert Einstein

Honeybunnie

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 08:42:14 PM »
Funny...I worked at a bank through college, and you had to reach certain targets, but you never had to use your \"charms\". That is what differentiates America from Nigeria (A third world country), if you are expected to use your feminity to get business or do business, and are treadted unfairly say because you fail to do so, you should be thanking your lucky stars because you will have a windfall from a discrimination and harrassment suit.

I\'m sure even those men that are being chased for their business in Nigeria, expect to be treated or chased around by a female, and that is sad. I was talking to a friend, and she was telling me how most jobs will ask you if you are pregnant during an interview, so they determine if they want to hire you or not, man If I go to an interview and get asked the state of my oven, I will be dancing and smiling as I\'m walking out, because the opportunites from that point on are endless. What has pregnancy got to do with how well I will do at a job, or if my qualifications match up to what the company is looking for as long as I am not applying for a job as a female-breastmilk-pumper, if there\'s anything of the sort (in essence, some job that is only applicable to the female species). When I go to work, I trudge along with my backpack and laptop like everyone else I work with, all the males and females are equal and we all ache form carrying it around, noone complains that maybe as a female, my load should be lighter. Nigeria has a long way to go in terms of sexual equalism, and discrimination.

Prince

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 02:53:41 AM »
The worst is: on account of bad regulation, banks fold up at will and no one fights for people\'s lost accounts.  All the deposits and people\'s lifesavings are wiped out, and nothing comes of it.

I guess we wouldn\'t be Nigeria if we did anything morally or ethically.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

okey

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 03:57:24 AM »
It is about time the ICPC or some regulatory body take a firm position on this. I\'ve known of this practice ever since i was back home.

Then again, knowing Nigeria, the main culprits will not be prosecuted
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives

Honeybunnie

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 04:02:53 AM »
Thank you for that statement Okey, that is main argument, will evrybody be brought to justice, they are only brought to justice after they have left power or after the people protecting them have left their positions...It\'s to watch and see!

Prince

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 04:48:32 AM »
Hb, I\'m not sure that all the corrupt minds in Nigeria can be rooted out.  If they did that, I don\'t know how many folks will be left, maybe only the lunatics in the market square.

It\'s one thing to expose them, but quite another to prosecute and punish them accordingly.  If Obasanjo can make enough waves and put some teeth into it, it might be enough to induce fear into people and possible deter future culprits.

Again, this thing has a domino effect.  If one fellow is shaken hard enough, he may start singing.  When they nabbed Osuji, he named names.  For him to succeed, our support is required.