Author Topic: Robert Blake Acquitted of Murder  (Read 4505 times)

Prince

Robert Blake Acquitted of Murder
« on: March 17, 2005, 11:37:54 AM »
At the end of 8 days of delibration, Blake is acquitted on all counts.  I\'m glad for him.  It\'s funny that although he was in a more precarious position than Scott Peterson, he walks while Peterson fries.  The difference?  Money.  If you have money, you have a better chance of beating a rap, of course you already knew that.  I guess that\'s how the cookie crumbles.

By GREG RISLING, Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A jury acquitted tough-guy actor Robert Blake of murder Wednesday in the shooting death of his wife four years ago, bringing a dramatic end to a case that played out like pulp fiction.

The jury also acquitted Blake of one charge of trying to get someone to kill Bonny Lee Bakley, but deadlocked on a second solicitation charge. The jury voted 11-1 in favor of acquittal and the judge dismissed the count.

The 71-year-old star of the 1970s detective drama \"Baretta\" sobbed uncontrollably at the defense table, embraced his attorney and exhaled heavily as the verdicts sank in. More: http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?sis=11558nid=114
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)

Chizi

• http://
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 09:59:10 PM »
Blake\'s acquittal is news right now. I don\'t think he was in a more precarious position than Peterson though. Unlike Peterson whose prosecution presented his recorded phone calls with Frey (not that that proves in any way that Peterson killed Laci),  there were no recorded phone calls of Blake\'s alleged solicition for the murder of his wife. Blake\'s case dragged on longer than Peterson\'s, is that an indication that more deliberation which subtley implies a fairer trail took place? I wonder. If Blake could be acquited, then the Peterson case shouldn\'t have been the slam-dunk that it turned out to be. The outcome of the case partley depended on the members of the jury and thier thought processes. It also partley depended on Peterson\'s defense, who I think could have done better in proving that the prosecution\'s evidence (all of them) were circumstantial and do not rule out the possibility that someone else could have commited the crime. There were no eye witnesses whatsoever. The fact that the bodies were found around the same place where Peterson said he went fishing does not exclude the fact that someone else could have placed them in the bay. It was Peterson\'s affair with Frey that fried him and warped the minds of most people following the case, to exclude the jury is preposterous.  Like you said Prince, Peterson\'s case might have had a different outcome had Peterson been rich enough to afford as good defense attorneys as Blake had.
<div>Little minds are subdued by misfortune, but great minds rise by it. <br /></div>

Honeybunnie

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 10:43:42 PM »
I beg to disagree with both of you, Scott Petersen did have the money, and it bought him one of the best defense attorneys in the country, Mark Geragos, who at some point was the defense attorney for Michael Jackson. Unfortunately, Geragos was on the losing end anyhow from the on-set of the case. Blake\'s case and Peterson\'s case are two extreme parallels. If you followed both cases, I\'m sure you would be fine with the outcomes. Scott Petersen is a murderer, on the other hand Blake is not. It is not the job of the defence to prove anything, why couldn\'t the prosecution in Blake\'s case prove that he had actually killed his wife....Blake Deserves his freedom, and Scott Petersen deserves to rot in prison for what he did.

Prince

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 10:52:36 PM »
You are so right, Chizi.  The defence was pathetic.  The jury must have been rounded up from a nearby assylum.  The Judge was a lunatic; one day I\'m gonna post his words in the \"Funnies From Loonies\" thread.

I also think that one thing that worked in Blake\'s favor was that there was no unborn child involved.

The reason I said his position was more precarious than Peterson\'s is that at least he was placed at crime scene, Peterson wasn\'t.  Blake arranged the dinner, which could be seen as a ploy to expose her to her killers.  Peterson was not so implicated.  One fella testified that he had been contacted by Blake to do the deed.  Blake left his wife in the car, in a dimly lit alley, and worked back to the restaurant.  I could not leave a female, not even a male, in that neighborhood, let alone dark alley.  He had delibrately parked at that spot.  If he had wanted to use the restaurant\'s parking lot, they would have moved heaven and earth to find him a space.  

All these facts, although circumstantial at best, indicate more conspiracy and premeditation than did Peterson\'s.  As you pointred out, if blake was not convicted, Peterson was shafted.  If Peterson\'s prosecutor had blake\'s case, he would have twisted a blockbuster movie out of it.  Blake would have fried even before the case came to trial.

But what was the difference?  Dedicated prosecutor, attrocious defence, out of wack jury, and a Judge who\'s not a real Judge, but just plays one on tv.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

Honeybunnie

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 11:05:52 PM »
the fella who said he was contacted by Blake to do the deed, would that be the drug addict who had at some point called 911 and reported that there were 40 men in his house about to attck him, only for police to get there to an empty house with one delusional old man. He drove her to the spot doesn\'t in a any way mean that he had pulled the trigger, that is the crux of the matter.

Did he commit first-degree murder, which he did not. I am not a big Blake fan, but after following the case, I knew long before the verdict that the prosecutor couldn\'t have swayed the jury that easily.

On the other hand, Scott Petersen dug his own hole, and even dug deeper after his wife disappeared. C\'mon now, The piece of evidence that did it for me in the Scott Peterson case was the cement. Where did the rest of the full bag of cement go. There were at least 3 circles in his warehouse where the cement blocks had been placed, well one was in his boat for anchor like he claimed, where did the other two go ????

Prince

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 12:30:58 AM »
Well, Hb, please understand that Chizi and I are not advocating Peterson\'s guilt or innocence. He may well have done the deed.  We are just saying that he got a raw deal.  You say he is guilty.  You are not gonna get a fight from us.  You may be right.  

No way, Blakes bankaccount cannot be equated to Peterson\'s.  If blake didn\'t ever work again, He would never die a pouper.  That\'s the curse of stardom. Royalties and investments tskes one a long way before he sinks.

Mark Geragos, one of the best allorneys in the country?  He is a great corporate lawyer, but as a defence advocate, he is a nightmare.  Yes, he was MJ\'s lawwyer, and you think he was firedd for being the best?  Remember that when he had MJ, he was sinking.  All the legal and media blunder committed by MJ, was under his watch.  I wouldn\'t be breathing a sigh of relief today if had remained MJ\'s lawyer.  He is a colorful lawyer, that\'s all.

The defence does not have to prove anything, true.  But his job is to blow up any prosecution charge, witness, and evidence.  It is his job to induce doubt in the minds of the jury.  It\'s his job to make the jury think of another possible murderer.  

I\'ll tell you a couple of blunders he committed.  From the get go, he promised the jury he would blow the prosecution\'s case out of the water.  He promised to bring in many expert witness.  a good lawyer would not do that if he had nobody to predsent.  When he promised that, the jury expected him to deliver.  On the strength of his promise, the jury ignored his ealier defences in anticipation of bomba that were sure to come later.  Nothing came.

The prosecution took about two weeks, not including unscheduled press releases and anonymous leaks, to present their case.  They used many tactics that should have been objected to.  

You may decide to be a lawyer some day, seeing how you stand your grond.  Let me give you this advice.  As a rule of thumb, for every witness the prosecutor prsents, bring in 2, possibly 3. The reason?  By the time you rest, the jury will be thinking, if he\'s got so many witnesses, he may be on to something.  That is why prosecutors pile it on, in the hope that at least, one would stick.  So, if any juror is still alive by the end of your presentation, he will have forgotten what the prosecution said.  You see, summations don\'t give you the luxury to repeat everything said one month ago.  To everybody\'s dismay, even the jury, Gregor used a few hours to counter two weeks of prosecution.  Lame, real lame.

You see, there things he could have done to neutralize the prosecution.

Honeybunnie

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 12:38:32 AM »
Oh Prince, once again you misunderstand my intentions. My whole arguement in this case is not if Petersen is guilty or innocent, my disagreement with you and Chizi is the fact that Blake got away (according to y\'all), because he has more money.

All I am saying is, he got away because the prosecution did not have enough evidence, and Scott Petersen, who even hired Mark Geragos, could not weasel out of this one because he is guilty as charged.

As for the argument that Geragos is good as a corporate lawyer, I have a link on here on his biography, he is a high profile criminal lawyer who has handled both Federal and state cases, and I must tell you that taking up the Scott Peterseon case has put a huge dent on his trial career.

http://aboutmichaeljackson.com/m-wfsection+article+articleid-3.html

I will definitely take your advice on brining in 2 or maybe 3 witnesses for every 1 that the prosecution presents, unfortunately, I\'m not sure criminal law is my field.

Prince

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 12:50:46 AM »
Honeyb, please, stay with me. I\'m not trying these cases.  I don\'t care a rap if they are guilty or not.  I\'m a Robert Blake fan, since his movie days.  I don\'t know how many times I\'m gonna say this.  The issue I\'m after is not whether he killed his wife or not.  I\'m simply comparing justice in the two jurisdictions, in two cases.  I hope I\'m clear this time.  Mark Gregor did not do a good job for him.  Blake\'s lawyer did a good job for him.  OJ\'s first lawyer, Jonny, did a great job for him.  His second did him a disservice.  One case; two verdicts.  The difference? two different lawyers.  If the OJ defence team had retained F L Baily, or dug up Dr Lee, hw would have been a gonna.

Honeybunnie

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 01:23:20 AM »
We are whipping a dead horse, because we both know what the argument is, just misunderstanding each other\'s views. What I am saying is that Geragos was handed a losing case from the start, and Blake\'s lawyer had a better case when compared. I guess all I am saying is that Money spent on lawyers did not make a difference in the outcome of the cases, Justice was served in both cases. I get your views as well Prince, I hope this clarifies mine.

Quote from: \"Prince\"
At the end of 8 days of delibration, Blake is acquitted on all counts.  I\'m glad for him.  It\'s funny that although he was in a more precarious position than Scott Peterson, he walks while Peterson fries.  The difference?  Money.  If you have money, you have a better chance of beating a rap, of course you already knew that.  I guess that\'s how the cookie crumbles.

That\'s the part i disagree with, but it\'s all past now, Peterson is frying in San Quentin and Blake says he is going \'cowboying\'....oh Well!!!

Chizi

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 01:56:16 AM »
Honeybunnie, I appreciate your input in this discourse. That?s what the forum is about, discussions, points of concord and points of discord. Everyone has the privilege to air their views. Here, according to you, is our point of discord; ?my disagreement with you (Prince) and Chizi is the fact that Blake got away (according to y\'all), because he has more money.? I never said that Blake got away with murder because he had the financial wherewithal (to hire apparently competent attorneys). My exact statement was,  ?Peterson\'s case might have had a different outcome had Peterson been rich enough to afford as good defense attorneys as Blake had.?, emphasis being placed on the phrase ?might have?, which does not imply absolute certainty that Peterson?s verdict would have been ?not guilty? had the size of his bank account been anywhere near Blake?s. Both cases have been tried and verdicts have been handed out as deemed fit by the jury, but the fact remains that regardless of the verdict given, no one but the alleged suspect is absolutely certain of guilt or innocence. I couldn?t care less whether Peterson was found guilty or not, or whether Blake was found guilty or not. My issue with this topic is that Peterson, as an individual, deserved a fairer, better trial facilitated by a competent, relentless defense counsel. Regardless of Mark Geragos? reputation, I still maintain that he could have done a better job of  capitalizing on the fact that a majority of the prosecuting counsel?s evidence were purely circumstantial, and instilling a cause for  reasonable doubt in the members of the jury. We?ve all seen blunders in the best justice systems in the world. According to Walgreens, we don?t live in a world near perfect.
<div>Little minds are subdued by misfortune, but great minds rise by it. <br /></div>

Honeybunnie

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 02:15:27 AM »
Quote from: \"Chizi\"
... I never said that Blake got away with murder because he had the financial wherewithal (to hire apparently competent attorneys). My exact statement was,  ?Peterson\'s case might have had a different outcome had Peterson been rich enough to afford as good defense attorneys as Blake had.?, emphasis being placed on the phrase ?might have?, which does not imply absolute certainty that Peterson?s verdict would have been ?not guilty? had the size of his bank account been anywhere near Blake?s. .../

.....My issue with this topic is that Peterson, as an individual, deserved a fairer, better trial facilitated by a competent, relentless defense counsel.

Well Chizi, if you follow my last post, you\'d see the main part of Prince\'s view that I disagree with. We could start al over with this case right here on the forum because I even disagree with your view that \"anyone could have put his wife\'s body in the same area that Scott Petersen had been fishing in\". How could they have put the body there while the police were searching the bay the day after Laci was reported missing, which was the same day that S.P went fishing. The case has been tried and over, so I\'ll leave all the arguments of guilt or innocence out in this reply.h

Still yet, following your quote above , you are saying the same thing that I disagree with, which is that Petersen might have gotten off if he had more money. All I am saying is that, the cases were handled as well as they could have been. I agree with Prince on one thing, Geragos should not have promised more than what he could offer, but that doesn\'t mean that the outcome of the case would have been different. Circumstatial cases are won everyday in court, just because a case is circumstantial does not mean that it\'d make it so much easier for a defense attorney to in your words.

\".... done a better job of capitalizing on the fact that a majority of the prosecuting counsel?s evidence were purely circumstantial, and instilling a cause for reasonable doubt in the members of the jury...\"

Geragos should not have taken up this case in the first place, Scott Petersen was given a fair trial as opposed to what you are suggesting, and he got the punishment that is due to a person who is found by a 12 man jury (vote of 12 -0), GUILTY of first and second-degree murder. He could have hired a different lawyer, but he dug his grave so deep (lying to Diane  Sawyerr in fron t of the entire country among other things), that it\'d have made not much of the difference to the jury, as I believe they would have still sent him to death like they did.

Chizi

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 02:51:48 AM »
Well, Hb, I?m not here to try the Peterson case. Like I said, the case has been tried and the jury has given the verdict as it deemed fit. I still maintain that the defense could have done a better job. If that is the best Geragos could do, then I opine that it wasn?t good enough.  Peterson could have gotten a better trial, the one he got is not the best possible. And while I never said that Blake got away just because he was wealthy enough to afford any kind of attorney he wanted, the fact remains that money does make a difference in the outcome of  virtually everything, including court trials. We live in a world where money talks. How much money you have determines what sort of attorney you can afford to hire; who wouldn?t want to hire the best possible attorney? If Peterson had the wherewithal to afford Cochran or any other attorney he dims fit, and can afford any amount they dish out for their services then I?m sure he would have gone all the way. I mean all the way. And of course the sort of attorney you have plays an enormous role in what sort of verdict you get! That?s the deal. Given the circumstances of the Peterson case, the defense could have done a better job. For goodness sake there were no eyewitnesses for starters! The fact that Peterson lied to Diane Sawyer on national TV might have had an impact on the thought processes of the jurors, but that should not deter a ?competent, relentless? defense counsel. The fact that he lied doesn?t imply guilt either. Everyone has their fair share of lies and for various reasons. Besides, I doubt that their exists any court trial without a considerable dose of lies from both the prosecution and the defense.

Honeybunnie

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 10:22:46 PM »
Quote from: \"Chizi\"
And while I never said that Blake got away just because he was wealthy enough to afford any kind of attorney he wanted, the fact remains that money does make a difference in the outcome of  virtually everything, including court trials. We live in a world where money talks. How much money you have determines what sort of attorney you can afford to hire; who wouldn?t want to hire the best possible attorney? If Peterson had the wherewithal to afford Cochran or any other attorney he dims fit, and can afford any amount they dish out for their services then I?m sure he would have gone all the way.

The fact that he lied doesn?t imply guilt either. Everyone has their fair share of lies and for various reasons. Besides, I doubt that their exists any court trial without a considerable dose of lies from both the prosecution and the defense.

You see, in that first paragraph, you just contradicted yourself, You are saying that Blake could afford the best attorney which is why he got away, and at the same time you are saying that you do not mean he got away just because he is wealthy enough. Sorry, but that is a contradiction, so much so that I\'m not sure if you know what we are arguing about. Like I stated before, the case has been tried, and the verdict has been handed out, and justice was served in both cases.

Do you know how much it costs to secure the services of Mark Geragos, I don\'t know where you get the notion that Scott Petersen could not afford a really good lawyer of some sort ( P.S Scott Petersen comes from a very wealthy family, which could have added to the reason why this regular guy\'s case turned into some sort of celebrity trial). I don\'t know the exact cost of his services, but I can tell you that Geragos is one very expensive attorney, and from what I heard he might have taken up this case just to bolster his career.He was trying to prove to us that he can handle a really poor case (he could turn a losing case into a win) which turned around to bite him in the a*s. Long before he decided to represent Scott Petersen, he had said on Larry King, that he wouldn\'t touch that case, because it was a no-win situation. Geragos should not have taken up this case in the first place. SO he should have instilled an element of reasonable doubt in the jury, do you think that he didn\'t do that, I followed this case through and through and at some point during the jury deliberation, I actually thought they were going to acquit him.

I can see you are heading in the OJ direction with the whole money thing. The OJ case was as bad, but OJ did not dig too much of a hole for himself. Sure his defense did a good job, we all know he did it (even though he is walking around a free man)but the deal-breaker was that the leather gloves did not fit (that was more than enough for reasonable doubt). In Petersen\'s case, where were the anchors, how come his wife\'s body washed up missing her two legs (as graphic as it sounds). Yeah sure just because he lied did not mean a thing, you say, well he displayed in so many ways his assumption of guilt.You say that there was no eyewitness, just because there are no eyewitnesses does not mean that justice should not be served. Most cases of murder never have eyewitnesses, because if they did then it would be a slam-dunk for the prosecution.

Are you aware that Mr. Blake spent a good year of his life in jail for this crime which he has been vindicated of. His wife had so many secrets that she never told her husband, are you aware of how many men she had duped and swindled out of money, how could it not have been anybody else that killed her (that is also enough for reasonable doubt). And then the guy who claimed to have been solicited, he is a classic example of a defense witness gone wrong, he was not credible, both of them were drug addicts, who hallucinated and were sometimes delusional. blake had a much better case. Who else would have wanted Laci Petersen dead??  I could go on about these cases, but I think it is past history now, and my stance still remains.....

\"Justice was served in both cases, and money did not have a thing to do with it\"

This is what I believe, and you obviously think different which is more constructive than Destructive.

Prince

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 12:50:15 AM »
OK, Honeyb, we have demonstrated to you what Mark Geragos could have done, but didn\'t.  We\'ve also showed you what he did that he shouldn\'t have done.  A good lawyer does not do what he shouldn\'t have done and leave undone what what he should done.

Remember, we\'re still not talking about Peterson\'s guilt or innocence.  For the purpose of this exercise, let me give it to you that he killed his wife resultling also in the destruction of her fetus.  Now, that is out of the way.

Even the prosecutor will be the first to tell you that the defence did a bum job because the defence missed many opportunites to challenge or counter.  The prosecutor knows he got a free ride.

Legally speaking, there is no presidence for death sentence ruling where the verdict is resultant of concivtion by circumstantial evidence.  It has never happened.  Even in the days of open season on blacks, the convict had to be placed on the crime scene by an eye witness, crime weapon, or DNA.  If they have to, they would hire a false witness, plant evidence, or force a confession.  They need all this testimony, albeit false, to convict.

A good layer does not promise the jury what he can\'t deliver.
A good defence attorney appeal any motion inimical to his case to a higher court, if necessary.
A good lawyer would fight for the inadmisibilty of most of the prosecutor\'s evidence.
A good layer would fight to suppress evidence not contributing to the issue at hand, in this case, murder.  An example would be the display of a blown up image of the expelled fetus.  Taht was purely theatrical, designed to garner sympathy and inflate passion.  No bearing in the case.

Let\'s say you are a lawyer, defending Peterson.  You don\'t stand up in court and say, \"your honor I think my cliant is guilty.\"  Your loyalty is to your client, no matter what.  Even when you are certain that your cliant did the deed, and you know he has no chance because witness say he had told them of his plan to kill his wife.  Another witness saw the two of then at the crime scene, quarrelling and fighting.  Another saw him actually dealing the death blows.  Then the hunting knife which was used to hack her to peices was found in his gym bag, blood and flesh and all.  She had a handful of his hair in her hand.  I\'m attempting to state the worst case scenario here.  And you, his sounsel, know that his goose is cooked.

As a good attorney, you would not stand in front of the court and say he did not kill her. You simply change tactics.  That is what you are paid for, defend your client.  You will try to employ one of various defences.  Insanity is one.  Being drunk is another form of temporary insanity.  Accident is another defence.  Mental health, medication, even some prescription pain killers have been known to blame.  After you pull all the stops and still lose, then we can say good job, you did your best.  We are saying Mark Garegos did not do his best.

Now, let\'s talk money.  Believe it or not, money talks.  Remember that F L Bailey was OJ\'s first attorney.  When he was fired, he didn\'t give back the money already paid him by OJ.  OJ forgot about that money and hired Mr Cochran, another high priced, but more brilland, lawyer.  Do you think Scott could have afforded that?  OJ did not buy justice; he could afford to find somebody else who could fight for him.  If OJ couldn\'t have afforded JC, he would have been stock with FLB, they wouldn\'t find Dr L and he would have been DEAD.

Besides the amount spent on the two lawyers, OJ could afford the mountain of money it took to retest and double-check state\'s tests.  In some cases, they conducted their tests, also.  This put the prosecution incheck so they don\'t falsify reports, results, and evidence.  It took a lot of money to hire Private Eyes who scoured the face of the earth, looking for evidence to exonerate OJ.  They excavated the tape that showed Mark Farhman used the word, Nigger.  That tape discredited Mark, the honest, conscientious police officer.  

How did you think they found out about OJ\'s blood sample being driven around in a police cruiser instesd of transporting it to the lab?  It cost money to find out that some of the blood was missing and that the missing blood accounted for the swipes of blood found in OJ\'s SUV.  Most of all, it cost money, lots of it to engage the services of Dr Lee, one of, if not, the best forensic experts in the world.  By showing that the blood on OJs sox was dabbed on not splashed, he destroyed the prosecution case.  

Having planted all this suspicion, the door was opened in the jury\'s mind to accept the glove chant, \"If it doesn\'t fit, you must acquit.\"  The whole case, although weak by now, was rested on the glove.  Did you see how many times motions were taken to higher courts and supreme court.  Go ask how expensive it is to go back and forth between courts.  Paterson didn\'t have that kind of money so he went in naked.  Remember, momey is what money can buy.

Another this a good defence attorney does is take the case out of the jury\'s hand.  make them see what the law gives then right to do and what they cannot do.  The glove chant provided that.  A good lawyer  doesn\'t just tell the jury what the law says about an issue, they will soon forget.  In OJ\'s trial, JC used videos to show the jury what he they need to know.  They can\'t forget that.  All this costs MONEY.

All the defence needs if to introduce doubt in the mind of just one juror.

Honeybunnie

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 02:11:02 AM »
I will need some time to fully respond to this argument. In the meantime, Prince, CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK GERAGOS DID WRONG (exact circumstances), AND ALSO HOW HE COULD HAVE DONE IT BETTER. BE SURE TO RELATE THIS TO MONEY AS WELL, because the last time I checked, I know that Petersen\'s defense ran their own tests on a trash bag that was found at first and mistaken for the victims\' body, they also ran their tests on the material that had been found around Connor\'s neck.

OJ\'s case had so much more evidence you see, there was blood and that\'s why he needed to do as many tests as he did in the first place. If Petersen needed to run as many tests as OJ had, I am sure he would have, anyhow please respond to my questions, before I give  my final response.

Also I see you used my glove argument as part of your argument, I hope you understand that I meant that the glove was more than enough to make the jury think twice. In this vein, GIVE ME PARTICULAR ARGUMENTS THAT YOU THINK GERAGOS SHOULD HAVE ADDED TO HIS ARGUMENTS, THAT HE DIDIN\'T, THAT WOULD HAVE SHOWN REASONABLE DOUBT TO THE JURY AND MAYBE SWAYED THEM TO A NOT-GUILTY VERDICT.