Author Topic: AFTER LIFE  (Read 4497 times)

okey

AFTER LIFE
« on: April 02, 2005, 04:22:14 AM »
The after life provokes numerous questions and deep thoughts which we do not have definitive answers. However, we can speculate on what life after death looks and feels like.

1. Some school of thought believes that there\'s not live after death. Once we die, we simply become part of the food chain, and that\'s all there\'s to human existence.

2. There are those who believe that when people die they just pass on into another plane, another dimension, another state of existence, if you will. In this world people live like we do here but may not come back here again. When they die there, they may move on to yet another plane.

3. There are those, mostly Christians, who believe that after death, we are judged and moved on into heaven or hell according as we lived here on earth. But where one lived a generally decent life here, but had a few tints on his record, he will be sentenced to Purgatory where they will be cleansed of their venial sin and moved on into heaven. The length of time one stays in Purgatory is dependent on the weight of his venial sins.

4. Yet another set of Christians believe that we die, and remain in a state of inactivity, until the judgment day, at the coming of Christ.

Please share your thoughts
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;
It represents the wise choice of many alternatives

Honeybunnie

AFTER LIFE
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 04:24:28 AM »
Okey, I hate to even think of death, I don\'t want to believe my evolution professor, even though he made a lot of sense, I believe in what God says because it provides some hope to latch on to. All in all, I don\'t know what to say, I\'ll wait till I hear from peope, then I can work off of them.

okey

AFTER LIFE
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 04:36:45 AM »
Death is inevitable. The key is to be adequately prepared for it.

On the origin of life issue, I do have a problem with the theory. I continue to wonder when the monkeys and baboons will finally become homo sapiens
===
Quality is never an accident; It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, Intelligent direction and skillful execution;

Susia

• http://
AFTER LIFE
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 04:36:45 AM »
Well religiously, Yes, there is life after death.

In the bible there is a teaching that there is an afterlife and our souls go there after we die.

Philosophical , NO, cos when u die u  will never be able to think to ourselves again when u die.

Personally, I will go with Yes, but i think there is a gray area here.
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

Prince

AFTER LIFE
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 05:27:27 AM »
Honeyb, a smart deplomat you are.

Susia, you kinna lost me there.  What\'s in your heart, religion or philosophy?

Okey, you have two topics that are huge by their nature.  Either question is capable of standing on its own.  My advice would be that you split this topic.  Take the second part and open a new topic before the crowd arrives.  I see two stars coming for your belt.

I will reserve my comment.
He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

(Adapted from WWE’s Rock.)

okey

AFTER LIFE
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 05:31:49 AM »
Quote from: \"Prince\"

Okey, you have two topics that are huge by their nature.  Either question is capable of standing on its own.  My advice would be that you split this topic.  Take the second part and open a new topic before the crowd arrives.  I see two stars coming for your belt.

I will reserve my comment.

Good point Prince
===

Susia

• http://
AFTER LIFE
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 05:33:54 AM »
Well Prince, if you read my post well, u will know where my heart is !!!!!!!

Quote:
Personally, I will go with Yes, but i think there is a gray area here.

I said I belive in life after death for some pple it might seem like a gray area.
Begin with the determination to suceed and the work is half done already.

Prince

AFTER LIFE
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 05:39:14 AM »
It\'s now clear to me, Susia.  It was the philosophy appendage that threw me.  I now know where you stand.  Thanks for clearing  things up.

If you s-m-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l what the Prince - is - cooking!!

fresco

AFTER LIFE
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 09:16:29 AM »
I definitely believe in afterlife, which is when our souls (that are dead) will rise and face the final battle, Armageddon. Also the Judgement, in the book of Revelation, where God and his pple will reign in heaven foreva whilst Satan n his pple stay in hell.  The afterlife, i believe, will be alot more different from this our life. God also forshadowed this aspect when he raised Lazarus; he said that those that are dead will be raised again while those alive and believe in him will neva die.

Prince

AFTER LIFE
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 08:18:16 PM »
Thanks, Okey, for giving me a mention in your initial poat.  I seriously don\'t think that is necessary, given that all I did was advise you to split your topic.  The mention you made of it elsewhere in this forum is appreciation enough.  That can hardly qualify as help in the develoment of your topic.

I must say that I\'m impressed by your breaking up of the after life theory.  You must be doing some serious investigation, man.

I\'ll weigh in soon enough.